Job description / Role
Robert Half are currently working with a multinational firm based in Dubai to find a Group Project Controller to enhance their team.
* Provide line management to all Project Accountants Across the Group.
* Ensure the team is clear on the tasks to be performed and that they are being correctly prioritised.
* Support team members in setting career objectives and evaluate performance.
* Assist the CFO in the recruitment of new team members as and when required.
* Keep track of major project billing milestones and ensure timely client invoicing.
* Check accounts receivable ledgers are up to date, reconciled and all collections allocated.
* Assist the Project Managers with Cash Collections.
* Support the project procurement process by evaluated PO values or terms that differ to the budget or company policies.
* Own and manage the project module for the Group.
* Provide employee utilisation and productivity information.
* Analysis of Group Debtors and bad debt provisions. Work with Finance and Operations to develop strategies to reduce overdue debt.
* Review the Group billing forecasts and challenge the Project Managers to deliver on expectation.
* Perform cost control reviews over projects.
* Lead the preparation of project financial information for budgets and forecast for the Group.
* Provide financial feedback on bids, in particular over working capital and cash position.
* Provide project financial information for auditors.
* Oversee and manage the financial close of all projects.
* Ensure project reviews are performed at each station to evaluate actual project progress against budget.
* Confirm necessary explanations and approvals in place for any re-forecasted jobs.
* Ensure project time and cost allocations are correct.
* Run revenue recognition & WIP procedures.
* Reconcile backlog movements.
* Ensure station project summaries reconcile to TB and consolidate Group project reports.
* Review the financial opportunities and risks on projects.
* Review of appropriateness or need for project provisioning.
* Provide analytics over project progress for Group reporting.
* Provide account reconciliations for project related balances.
* Specific tasks may change depending on the requirements of the business. There may also be ad hoc tasks to perform.
* Fulfil the requirements of the Group Chief Financial Officer
* Develop a strong working relationship with the key stakeholders in the business finance and Operations.
* Provide leadership and management to the Project Accounting Team.
* Ensure all stations across the Group have access to Project Accounting.
* Prepare project performance dashboard.
* Maintain the Integrity of the financial information reported on projects.
* Ensuing all deadlines are met.
* Highlight concerns or red flags on projects as soon as discovered
* Proven work experience as a Project Controller / Senior Project Accountant in a large Multinational Organisation.
* Has been responsible for covering multiple geographies.
* A strong working understanding of IFRS 15 and revenue recognition processes for a projects / contracts business.
* Has managed a team of project accountants previously.
* Has experience in using ERP based finance tools for project reporting. Having been involved in the setup or implementation of such tools is an advantage.
* Has used system-based timesheet tools to allocate worked hours to projects.
* Has been responsible for communicating utilisation and productivity metrics.
* Is familiar with using project dashboards (such as Power BI). Having been involved in the setup or implementation of such tools is an advantage.
* Is comfortable providing team performance reviews and experience
* Strong ability to review existing processes and controls and make improvements where required.
* Can develop new processes and controls consistent with industry best practices where required.
* Expertise in MS Office Suite Excel with ability to create concise, efficient, and accurate models.
* Hands on experience with financial and statistical software.
* Up to date with accounting standards and best practices.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Ability to present financial data using detailed reports and charts.
* Demonstrate strategic thinking skills.
* Confidentiality in handling sensitive financial information.
* History of developing strong working relationships with key business stakeholders.
* Financial qualification (i.e., ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA) or any other relevant certification which is internationally recognised.
Salary and Benefits
* Up to 40,000 AED per month
Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Pay and salary ranges are dependent upon experience, qualifications and training.
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.
Group Financial Controller
A Leading Manufacturer In The Middle East