Group Risk Manager
Job description / Role
Robert Half are currently partnering with a large local conglomerate in Abu Dhabi in order to find a Group Risk Manager to join their already impressive team.
* Establish and implement a comprehensive Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework for the Group ensuring that it is adequate for proactive risk management embeds ERM culture across the Group.
* Facilitate the determination of the Group's Risk Appetite and Risk Tolerance levels for all critical risks.
* Create Risk profile to ensure executive management remain updated with the risk posture of the Group.
* Conducting risk assessments to identify, prioritize, quantify risks, and develop Key Risk Indicators (KRIs).
* Assist and facilitate management in developing risk mitigation strategies with independent and objective feedback on business plans and initiatives to manage and mitigate risks.
* Monitor mitigation action plans, risk tolerance levels, and KRIs and report to the Head of Risk and Audit for onward reporting to the Audit & Risk Committee, Executive Management, and the Board.
* Assist management with integrating Risk Management with strategy development and implementation process by identifying and prioritizing strategic / project risks, validating key decision-making assumptions/methodologies and compliance with Group's risk appetite about new initiatives and projects including continuous risk review and reporting on strategic projects.
* Performing risk assessments: Analysing & identifying current and potential risks that affect the Group
* Analysis of group cash flow and liquidity forecasts, making sure smooth implementation of all SOPs
* Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the Group
* Establish an operational risk registry as part of the ERM Framework and monitor operational risk
* Has a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a quantitative subject
* Must have professional qualifications (i.e., FRM/ACCA/CPA/CIA/CA/CMA)
* Minimum of 8-10 years of experience working as a Risk Professional, or Risk/Compliance advisor
* Risk management systems experience (Bloomberg, Barra, FactSet, or similar)
* Dynamic and proactive and ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels throughout the organization
* Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities, competing deadlines
* Ability to remain up to date with industry and regulatory changes and professional standards
* Able to integrate technical knowledge with analytical and critical thinking skills
* Has excellent communication and client service skills
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply judgment to provide efficient and effective solution as well as excellent organization skills and attention to detail
* Excellent report writing skills (especially PowerPoint presentations)
Salary and Company benefits
* Up to 45,000 AED per month
* Annual Flights
* Medical insurance
* Annual bonus
Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.