Job description / Role
The Group Tax Manager is responsible for managing and leading the tax processes, implementing tax systems, policies and procedures to identify opportunities and minimize the organizations legal tax liabilities.
- Prepare the annual budget and business plan of the department.
- Identify the compliance risks faced across the group (covering all operational and commercial areas), and design and implement efficient controls to mitigate those risks.
- Oversee the tax and compliance function while ensuring that the group complies with tax laws and regulations in all jurisdictions where the company operates.
- Develop and implement systems and processes to compile all relevant tax information related to the company's tax position and filings, while monitoring and ensuring the timely filing of all tax returns across all jurisdictions.
- Monitor the tax trends and developments, assess their impact, and provide recommendations to senior management, while identifying tax risks and planning opportunities to optimize the group's effective tax rate.
- Drive special projects such as tax and compliance processes, tax research, analysis of income tax consequences of transactions, acquisitions, and divestitures, and projects relating to other business initiatives.
- Manage and maintain the relationships with the group's tax advisors and tax authorities.
- Ensure that compliance concerns (rules and regulations of regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures) are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved by identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and providing prevention guidance.
- Ensuring that the Board and Senior Management are regularly informed of the operation and progress of compliance activities and results, and compliance issues by providing report analysis.
- Recruit, train, motivate and evaluate his/her team to ensure that the department has the necessary skill base and that staff are optimally motivated and enabled to maximize their potential and contribution to the company.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting; Master's in Business Administration is a plus; CFA is a major plus.
- 7 years of experience in a similar field out of which 3 in a managerial role.
- Strong professional financial/accounting knowledge and expertise in own area.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Fluency in English and Arabic; French is a plus.
About the Company
Azadea Group is a premier fashion and lifestyle retail company that owns and operates more than 50 leading international franchise concepts across the Middle East, North Africa, Asia and Europe. Since its inception in 1978, the Group has grown a substantial chain of stores representing leading international brand names in fashion and accessories, food and beverage, home furnishing, sporting goods and multimedia.With over 11,000 employees, the company boasts a solid infrastructure overseeing more than 600 stores spread across 15 countries including Algeria, Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Ghana, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and United Arab Emirates.