Job description / Role
Responsible for the Group’s Treasury Function and ensuring strategic alignment of Treasury with the Group’s objectives and strategy. The role holder is responsible for building cross-business synergies and driving higher levels of productivity and profitability by enabling effective liquidity & investment management as well as management of relationships with Financial Institutions (FIs). The role holder is also responsible for minimizing the liquidity and market risks of the Group and lead balanced relation with internal and external stakeholders.
• Continuously monitors bank balances and optimize effective utilization of funds and at optimal cost
• Prepares cash flow forecasts and build early warning signals to ensure cash equilibrium is maintained always
• Directs Group's fund management and ensures the funds are utilized optimally and the bank outstanding are within the limits assigned
• Ensures profitability for the business from all treasury activities within specified risk parameters and regulation by guiding the department in identification and management of foreign exchange, interest rates and other counterparts risk exposure
• Negotiates directly with banks
• Develops guidelines on Liquidity Management in line with the investment philosophy of the Group and ensures availability of cash to manage Group’s operational requirements
• Leads Group’s cash management activities which cover reconciliation of bank statements, clearing payment and receipts transactions within the system and depositing cash or cheques at the bank
• Manages Group wide cash/bank balances
• Advises on the projections for fund requirements for the Group based on budget/targets and monitoring the asset/liability position and leads the fund-raising activities for the Group
• Maximizes the portfolio yield on short term investments by advising on investments of surplus cash in accordance with the investment guidelines while maintaining reserves and adhering to regulatory policies and risk-reward guidelines
• Fund raising (Long Term – bilateral/syndication/project finance etc.), loan negotiation and documentation, Debt administration and covenant compliance
• Assists the Financial Controller for Group’s entities in GCC and South East Asia (SEA) and other countries as required by carrying out necessary background work and analysis related to the work stream in: Fund raising, Loan refinancing, Managing debt portfolio, Cash and liquidity management, Risk management and Capital structuring
• Prepares and maintains Internal/Bank Financial Models and relevant supplementary documents to support and aid decision making to the management
• Maintains detailed loan schedules for loans along with debt service and reporting timetable
• Monitors currency risks and advises on hedging strategies as and when required
• Optimizes through close review of finance cost and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all Treasury Activities
• Oversees the payroll management processes and disbursement of salaries across the Group
• Prepares Treasury dashboards including cash position, cash flow position, interest rate management etc.
AED 20,000 to 25,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Chartered Accountant (and a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance)
• 5 yrs experience of working in Corporate Treasury at a large multinational corporation
• Possess a self-starter mentality, and ability to work independently and collaborate with all meaningful internal teams and external business partners as needed
• Experience in GCC and South East Asia (SEA) markets
• Knowledge of ERP Systems (preferably SAP)
• Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving and streamlining complex work processes
Thank you for your interest. All applications are viewed and evaluated according to the role requirements. We aim to contact shortlisted candidates within 2 weeks. As we often receive a high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to everyone. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
About the Company
Inspire Selection is an award winning recruitment agency, headquartered in Dubai which recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Legal, Sales & Marketing including Digital Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Higher Education.
Financial Planning Accountant
TGC Consulting Middle East
Assistant Finance Manager
Emirates Refreshments Company
Accounts Payable Accountant