Job description / Role
- Has strong passion delivering groups & events
- Extremely attentive to details
- Able to work to deadlines, targets and under pressure
- Able to multi task and work as a team player
- Is an effective communicator and active listener
- Is solution-oriented
- Reply to all requests within 24h
- Liaise with clients to go through all their event needs making sure all event detailing is accurate
- Lead the events & group operational meetings, share key information with the relevant departments, and support the team to guarantee success on every event
- Run pre and post-event meetings when needed
- Conduct site visits
- Process all group and event-related commission claims and award any loyalty points
- Liaise with clients to finalize payment options and coordinate of billing applications.
- Prepare invoices following departure of Groups & Events within 24 hours
- Ensure the system is updated on a regular and timely basis
- Stay up to date with market trends and competitor activity to identify business leads and ensure contribution to the overall hotel sales strategy
- Grow the database of Groups & Events partners and maintain relationships with repeating clients
- Minimum 2 years work experience in hotel operations in a luxury international brand hotel.
- Good understanding of selling techniques and banquet knowledge.
- Computer skills in MS Office, email, reserve will be an asset.
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.