Job description / Role
Serco is currently seeking a Growth Coordinator. The key purpose of this position is to provide coordination and administrative support services for the Growth function, covering business development, strategy, bidding and communications requirements. The successful applicant will operate on a project management basis, coordinating multiple projects within the department.
Reporting to the Managing Director - Growth, the successful applicant will be responsible for;
- Managing general office administration of the Growth function
- Providing comprehensive coordination support to the Growth function, specifically to manage diaries, day to day activities, arrange and take minutes of meetings and coordinate all correspondence
- Interfacing internally and externally in a professional, effective manner
- Preparing draft presentations and reports on behalf of the department, proof reading / formatting documents, and assisting with correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, plans, etc
- Managing key monthly meetings such as Sales Performance Review and Monthly Team meetings, ensuring reports are collated ahead of time, preparing the presentation pack, ensuring this is accurate. Attending meetings, keeping documented minutes and sending out action items
- Maintaining a project management approach for the department, tracking and coordinating action items and liaising with team members to close out action items as per agreed timelines
- Managing administrative events such as travel arrangements and preparing itineraries. Ensuring all travel documents are valid such as passport, visa (local & overseas), etc
- Coordinating hiring activities for senior management, various meetings and group events
- SAP user - Site Purchasing Coordinator. (Trips, Petty Cash)
- Acting as the Directors' first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organisation
- Managing diary and day to day activity and ensure any logistical needs are in place.
- Performing and carrying out other duties as instructed / directed by the Growth team members.
- Diarizing appropriate reminders in the Exec team's diaries about deadlines for report submissions, important events, monthly meetings, travel plans
- Screening calls, responding to queries and directing them appropriately and promptly
- Maintaining an efficient and auditable filing system
- Supporting the Marketing and Communications team on internal communications through various corporate communications mailboxes (SME Communications, Leadership Connection) including but not limited to organizational announcements, employee communications, articles for company newsletter, intranet content (The Hub), special projects, etc. ensuring the message aligns with Serco branding and procedure
- Coordinating with agencies and vendors regarding external communication, raising POs and processing of payment, contracts/ agreements, follow up on projects, etc.
- Uploading information to the corporate social media account (Instagram) and Yammer, as per the guidance of the Marketing and Communications team
- Supporting the Marketing and Communication team to maintain internal and external communications calendar, database, mailing list and providing a report of communications activities (as required)
- Working closely with the Office Management Staff in planning and execution of corporate events and support in the delivery of corporate events
- Working with and managing external vendors in addition to keeping a data base of key vendors
- Coordinating internal and external Serco events to make sure they run smoothly and successfully, as required.
Essential technical and professional skills , knowledge and qualifications
- Ideally a degree holder or high diploma of post-secondary education in a business, management administration or any related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in providing administrative and clerical support to an Executive or group of senior managers in a fast-paced environment
- Project management approach, previous experience of working within a project management office preferred and with communications and marketing.
- Ability to plan and project manage multiple projects and workstreams within the department, ensuring actions are closed out and plans and relevant documentation updated accordingly.
- Experience of coordinating and managing events
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite, especially PowerPoint, Visio and Word.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Extensive knowledge of a multi-culture organisation, know who the key personnel are (both external and internal) and able to understand the organisation's aims and objectives.
- Arabic language is an advantage (spoken, written and reading)
Additional/special features of the role
- Ability to keep discretion and confidentiality
- A dynamic, high energy individual who can support several groups/sections within a department
- Possess good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
- A mature and responsible approach to work and use initiative to solve problems and be able to liaise in a professional and persuasive manner with staff at all levels in the organisation
- Possess strong PC skills including proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point applications and ability to learn new software based applications
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.