Guest Relations Manager
Job description / Role
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
SOFITEL DUBAI the obelisk
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features 594 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 96 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Pool Bar & Lounge bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with L'Occitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist - Front Office Supervisor and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
To oversee and direct all aspects of Guest Relations to maximize guest satisfaction.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Live and project the goal, philosophy, vision, mission and core values of the company.
- Adheres to company grooming standards at all time.
- Is a continual source of information, help and assistance to all guests.
- Prepares the weekly duty rosters.
- Supervise Guest Relation Officers.
- Keeps the immediate manager fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance. Communicates and liaises at all times with Assistant Guest Relations Manager.
- Maintains Transparent and open line of communication, coordination and feedback with related departments to ensure customer requests and complaints are handled effectively and efficiently.
- Conduct house tours / site inspection and special room drops for VIP's.
- Escorts all arriving guests to their respective suites.
- Escorts external guests to their destination.
- Escorts departing guests to their means of transport.
- Checked all VIP rooms prior to arrival and ensure that the correct standard (allocations, amenities and special requests) is maintained.
- Greet all residence guests personally.
- Promote Inter-Hotel sales and in-house facilities.
- Handle guest complaints and feedback according to Sofitel standards ensuring necessary actions, follow up and recording are done.
- Completes the departure list for the following day - contact VIP guests for any necessary arrangements.
- Renders maximum guest satisfaction through personal recognition and prompt cordial attention to entire residence guest.
- Ensure Club members consistently receive all benefits, repeat guests and other VIP's receive special recognition and service
- Liaise closely with Concierge, Butler and Sofitel Club for Hotel events, restaurant promotions, Limousine requirements and special VIP requests or preparations.
- Prepare compendiums prior to guest arrival and check-info system if necessary.
- Maintain close contact with Airport Concierge, Reception for new arrivals and departures.
- Update and maintain efficient guest history system.
- Prepare requisition and distribution of amenities on a timely basis.
- Assures the upkeep and cleanliness of the Guest Relations desk and lobby at all times.
- Attend daily and monthly briefings or meetings to facilitate communications and smooth operations.
- Abides by all policies and procedures.
- Has full knowledge of Sofitel standards.
- Performs related duties and special projects assigned by Senior Management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Able to develop rapport with colleagues and management staff
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a multi-cultural team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to promote positive relations with guests and patrons
- Able to exercise good judgment with difficult guests
- Degree from School for Tourism & Hotel Management
- Minimum 3 - 5 years' relevant experience with at least 2 years at a supervisory level
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.