Job description / Role
Guest Relations Officer
First impressions are everything! As a Guest Relations Officer, you will take care of the guests from the moment they arrive through to their departure by ensuring they have a memorable experience with us.
The incumbent will also manage all activities relevant to the Front Desk such as the reception, check in / out, cashiering, foreign exchange and assisting guest with inquiries.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Perform check in, check out and room change procedures and ensure all data are accurately entered into the hotel system
- Maintain cashier float and ensure accurate daily report of all money received
- Cash hotel guests' personal and travelers checks and assist with currency exchange
- Keep abreast of all modifications to accounting policies and procedures
- Attend to guests' request of using the service of safety box at all times
- Knowledgeable of all special promotion procedures for programs such as Seasonal Packages, Frequent Flyers Programs, and also Hotels Group Loyalty programs
- Attend to guest's complaints, inquiries and requests, refer problems to supervisor/Assistant Manager if he/she unable to assist
- Ensure that the guests depart the hotel with a positive impression of hotel service
- Perform the audit balances and prepare all reports for audit in an orderly fashion
- When on night shift, check night report, prepare morning report and prepare all necessary forms for guest arrivals
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of standard reservation procedures
- Maintain exemplary department standards of behavior and appearance and attitude
- Ensure front desk work area is kept clean and in an orderly state at all times
- Adhere to OH&S policies and procedures
- Perform related duties and special projects assigned
- Strong written and verbal communication skill in English
- Able to develop rapport with and gain support from Colleagues and Management staff
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to promote positive relations with all guests and patrons
- Able to exercise good judgment with difficult guests
- Understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
Your experience and skills include:
- Post Secondary Education or relevant qualifications in Hotel Management
- Minimum 2 years Guest Relations experience preferably in a four or five star hotel
- Skilled in Front Office operations with the ability to work in a multicultural and diverse environment
- Penchant for customer service and effectively manage guest complaints
- Ability to train and manage a dynamic team
- Excellent English communication skills; both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Micros or similar POS systems, Opera or similar PMS systems and Microsoft Software
Your team and working environment:
Queen Elizabeth II
The iconic Queen Elizabeth (QE2) Dubai's first and only floating hotel is a 497 room hotel and one-of-a-kind entertainment destination, rich in History where the past is relived in the luxury of today.
Guest experience is a true British Heritage and history with a visit to one of the world's most celebrated ocean liners, now permanently docked in the new marina at Dubai's Port Rashid in the UAE.
The property is in close proximity to some of Dubai's attractions including the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) and the Dubai World Trade Centre. The Queen Elizabeth 2 shares a neighborhood with some of Dubai's other cultural gems including the Gold Souk, Dubai Creek and the Etihad Museum. The nearest airport is Dubai International Airport, 8 km from the accommodation.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Guest Services Officer - Front Office
Guest Service Officer - Reception
Guest Service Officer - Front Desk (Residences)