Job description / Role
Guest Relations Officer
As Guest Relations Officer you will provide high-quality service to our guests, address complaints and go the extra mile to make sure our guests are satisfied.
In this role, you should be an excellent communicator who can stay positive when facing difficult situations. You should also be reliable and customer-oriented, as you'll serve as a primary point of contact for our guests.
Your goal will be to ensure our guests enjoy themselves and plan to come back to our hotel.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Promotes the brand and/or Group loyalty programme, Food and Beverage outlets, Room and facilities Upselling, anticipate need and pitch the sales.
- Ensure that all guest comments both negative and positive are noted and communicated to respective department for action.
- Inform all relevant departments regarding special guest requests.
- Amenities like flowers and fruits may be sent upon the recommendation of the guest relations officer, to appease a guest who has a complaint.
- Carries out all duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by immediate supervisors.
- Welcomes and great guests and takes care of them from their arrival through to departure.
- Contributes to guests' permanent satisfaction by providing high quality services throughout their stay, Solve their issue, make courtesy call, update their profile for preference for future stay.
- To provide an efficient and friendly check-in & Check out, Offer welcome drinks upon arrival and check guest stay feedback upon departure.
- To handle guest requests ensuring that all matters are dealt with efficiently and promptly.
- Handles any guest complaints and/or remarks; provides a response as soon as possible.
- To be fully aware of hotel room rates, availability, promotions, services and facilities. Hotel's selling status, specific daily functions and events as detailed.
- Prepare the letters for the VIP arrivals / Le Club members for the next day duly signed by HM.
- Ensure that daily birthday card to be send to guest room duly signed by HM.
- Prepare showrooms & site inspection, ensure preparing the sales kit and proper welcoming.
Your experience and skills include:
- Familiarity with hospitality industry standards
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of additional languages is a plus
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Outstanding communication abilities
- An outgoing personality
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively as part of a team
- Familiarity with Micros POS systems and general computer literacy (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Proven experience as a Guest Relations Officer in a 4 or 5 star hotel property.
Your team and working environment:
Located along Sheikh Zayed Road in Barsha Heights right next to Dubai Internet City Metro Station. The hotel is nestled in the key business and commercial district of Dubai Media City, Dubai Knowledge Park and Dubai Internet City. Mercure Dubai Hotel offers a unique hospitality experience for business & leisure travelers and well as for long stays at an affordable price. Close proximity to Mall of the Emirates, Palm Jumeirah and major tourist attractions.
An elegant hotel with 1015 suites and apartments spread over 41 floors. Each contemporary room features floor to ceiling windows that have exceptional views of the city & skyline. For meetings, trainings and social events the hotel offers an extensive range of multi-functional meeting and event spaces.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Guest Services Officer - Front Office
Office Manager / Administrator
Guest Relation Agent
|Abu Dhabi||20 May|
Customer Service Representative
Excelsior Group ME