Job description / Role
Contemporary, modern and elegant 5-star accommodation, the Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers is based in one of the most dynamic locations in Dubai - Jumeirah Lakes Towers. Just off the famous Sheikh Zayed Road, the 168-room hotel is close to Dubai's thriving key business districts and commercial free zones, minutes away from the city's most iconic attractions and walking distance to Dubai Metro. Overlooking tranquil lakes and the striking Dubai Marina skyline, the hotel offers its guests 3 dining and entertainment options, 7 meeting rooms, an outdoor pool and spa. Mövenpick Jumeirah Lakes Towers is highly convenient for business activities or leisure as suited for exploring one of the most exciting cities in the world.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Execute the daily functions of arrival and departure for guests in a manner keeping with the Brand Standards.
- Adheres to and executes all job task checklist points.
- Perform registration process by obtaining data from guest and by observing the established guidelines.
- Review all Group Resumes, VIP reports, daily business reports.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag while working.
- Comply at all times with Brand standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations which include but are not limited to Front Office policies and Accounting policies.
- Cash handling and credit processing as required, to include Gift Card redemption.
- To support the Concierge or Royal Service agent as required.
- Resolve guest complaints or otherwise follow up with manager.
- Review room queue and work with Housekeeping to expedite turnover.
- Reach out to guests to communicate room is ready and coordinate luggage delivery with Guest Services if luggage has been stored.
- Handle Due-Out and Discrepancy updating in communication with the Housekeeping Department.
- Post applicable charges for late check-outs requests.
- Perform daily "bucket check report" against guest folio ensuring that charges are accurately posted and support receipts are properly filed/attached.
- Ensure that one's cash report is balanced and closed at the end of the shift with remittance envelop dropped in the cash vault.
- Ensure the strict control of room keys. Enforce the key handling procedures ensuring maximum security.
- Ensure proper handling and documentation of guest's valuables being secured in hotel safe deposit box.
- Drive and champion ALL loyalty program.
- Drive FO Up selling program.
- Be familiar with hotel services and promotions and promote them.
- Use Royal Service Manager as the main method of communication throughout the department as required for communication.
- Take and deliver accurate and timely guest messages.
- Respond to queries positively.
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards, including all safety policies.
- Passion for guest service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Fluency in French or Arabic language is a must.
- Minimum of 1 year previous Hotel experience is an asset.
- Must have the ability to handle a multitude of tasks and Guest requests.
- Knowledge of Micros-Fidelio Property Management System an asset.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities.
- Experience with a Hotel loyalty program an asset.
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo!
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.