Job description / Role
Play Your Part
The Guest Services Assistant is to provide courteous and professional service to our guests and to offer assistance as needed during their stay. They are to provide the highest level of recognition and personalized service to the guests. They are to also assist the Concierge duty and Service Excellence Manager in the day to day operations and be familiar with the hotel's standards, policies and procedures.
- To maintain personal contact with guests and act as hotel ambassador to greet and communicating with guest at the lobby
- To be totally familiar with room amenities, layout, rate structure, outlets (e.g. operating hours, menu, prices), facilities and services offered in the hotel
- To be conversant with the Front Office computer program and its application and operation.
- To reply guest email inquiries within given timeframe
- Giving directions to attractions at LEGOLAND, Dubai Parks and Resorts as well as local tourist spots for entertainment, eatery, shopping and etc.
- To be able to recommend travel arrangements, can help guest make dining reservations.
- To be aware of activities and happenings in-house e.g. entertainment, promotions, conference locations, banquet, parties, etc.
- Maintain the 1 stop shop for all internal calls and enquiries, room assignment and guest email correspondence.
- To be aware of all arrivals and departures especially the VIP guests.
- To welcome as many guests as possible upon arrival at the hotel.
- To inspect rooms assigned to VIP guests so as to ensure that all requests for special arrangements are attended to. (e.g. fruits, special occasion set up if any & etc)
- To handle guest complaints or requests and liaise with the departments concerned to ensure immediate follow-up.
- To bid farewell to departing guests whenever possible.
- To make courtesy and follow up calls where needed to ensure highest guest satisfaction.
- To perform any other duties as may be directed by the Hotel Excellence and Guest Experience Manager.
- Be aware of Lost and Found procedures, at all times.
Health & Safety:
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of himself and of other persons who may be affected through your work activities.
- To cooperate with and support the LEGOLAND Dubai Management to allow the business to fulfill its legal responsibilities through:
- Following reasonable instruction related to health & safety.
- Reporting dangerous situations or deficiencies in health & safety arrangements.
- To only use work equipment in accordance with training.
- To not interfere or misuse anything provided for the purposes for health & safety.
Are You A Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required
- 1 - 3 years of Hotel front desk or guest relation experience using OPERA PMS or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to speak the English language clearly and any additional language is beneficial
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both verbally and written
- Must have excellent guest service skills, proven conflict resolution skills, and proven leadership skills to drive initiatives to improve the team and the business
- Ability to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
The Best Part Of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Guest Services Officer - Front Office
Front Office Agent
Attractions Attendant (12 Months Limited Contract - Renewable)
Dubai Parks and Resorts