Job description / Role
Hairstylists - various levels - commission based but average earnings will be 14k - 25k ++ plus per month
Premium and well known salon.
Hair Stylist responsibilities include cutting hair using basic and advanced techniques, consulting customers about styles and colors and applying hair care products, like treatment oils and masks. If you have experience cutting short and long hair and are up-to-date with styling trends.
• Welcome customers and identify their preferences by asking pointed questions
• Recommend hairstyles and haircuts according to customers’ face shapes and tastes
• Wash, rinse and dry clients’ hair using appropriate shampoos and conditioners (e.g. for oily hair or dry scalp)
• Cut, trim and shave hair using professional equipment
• Apply a wide range of hair coloring techniques, like highlights, ombre and balayage
• Create hairstyles for formal events and everyday looks, including braids, ponytails and buns
• Apply hair treatment products, as needed (e.g. color protection creams and hydrating masks)
• Form bonds with loyal customers and remember their hairstyle preferences
• Manage bookings and serve walk-ins
• Ensure tidiness of beauty stations and sterilize tools, as needed
• Cross-sell hair care products or services, when appropriate
Requirements and Skills:
• Work experience as a Hair Stylist, Hairdresser, Colorist or similar role
• Proficiency in hair straightening and curling methods, using hot irons and curlers
• Hands-on experience with various coloring techniques
• Knowledge of a wide range of haircuts, suitable for all hair lengths (e.g. braids and top knots)
• Familiarity with hair treatment products and services, like keratin smoothing
• Up-to-date with industry trends
• Excellent communication skills
About the Company
Genie is a highly specialist recruitment company covering the consumer industry. Born from a pure passion for the sector we work tirelessly to match the right candidates for the role and work in a partnership approach with our clients. We have built up years of experience and have a deep understanding of the challenges for both candidates and clients.
Our specialist areas cover: FMCG, Retail, E-Commerce/Apps, Food & Beverage and Hospitality Sectors.
Regions: Middle East, North Africa & Asian Markets.