Job description / Role
Under the direction of the Facilities Manager, maintain the school buildings to the highest possible level with Health and Safety as a priority.
• Maintain the plant and boiler rooms to industry acceptable standards
• Maintain the school swimming pool to industry acceptable standards
• Maintain all school paint work to a high standard
• Repair and maintain all electrical supplies to the school
• Repair and maintain all school plumbing
• Keep all school A/C units in good condition and regularly carry out routine maintenance and cleaning
• Undertake all small carpentry work in line with Health and Safety guidelines and regulations
• Gate duty during drop off and collection
• Setting up equipment for events
• Other duties as reasonably expected
• High school or equivalent qualifications
• 3 years’ experience in a general maintenance role
• Ability to manage and maintain general areas of the school facility
• Undertake general repairs so that the school is kept safe
• Work with team members to problem solve and fulfil duties
• Good communication skills
• Calm and caring around all staff and students
• A willingness to help and a desire to do things to the best of one’s ability
About the Company
Taaleem’s main activity is the development and management of early childhood, primary and secondary schools. With quality at the forefront of our offering, we tailor each project to answer the specific educational requirements of a wide range of families by offering top international curricula including British, American, the International Baccalaureate and our custom early childhood programme.
Taaleem, which means education in Arabic, is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents. We only recruit the best international teachers who are capable of delivering our international curricula in a creative and engaging manner.
Taaleem is seeking to raise the educational standards in the region. The combined experience of its core team of senior education leaders in international education policy, operations and global management best practices means Taaleem is well positioned to ensure the creative of truly exceptional schools that satisfy the most comprehensive and exacting education developmental requirements.