Job description / Role
Head Chef - Al Forno - UAE
As Head Chef, you will be responsible for all kitchen operations in one of our high quality and demanding restaurants. You will be exposed to a multi-cultural working environment and have the chance to work side by side with some of the most talented and respected chefs in the business.
Your main responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
* Overseeing all orders from the kitchen/commissary to ensure they are prepared to a consistently high standard and in accordance with brand-specific recipes
* Ensuring that all employees report for duty punctually and wearing the correct uniform
* Organising and setting up the kitchen/commissary as efficiently as possible to increase speed and maximise productivity
* Checking daily storage areas and maintaining sufficient stock to meet the volume of business with minimum wastage.
You will have/be:
* 3 years' experience in leading a team of junior staff
* A recognised hospitality qualification or relevant experience
* Strong problem solving and communication skills.
Skill, dedication and efficiency are absolute necessities for this role, but above all a passion for food that will inspire your fellow chefs and delight your clientèle, keeping them returning time and again to relish in the dishes you create.
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.