Job description / Role
THE CYCLE BISTRO - HEAD CHEF
• Establish and maintain the highest standard of service and generate profits in accordance with the established budgets.
• Create theme concepts, F&B promotions, decorations and ideas for set-ups, external catering and special events.
• Create menu recipes and support materials, such as technical sheets, descriptions, and/or pictures along with costing utilizing sales analysis and menu engineering techniques accordingly
• Manage and control all subordinate staff to ensure that all day to day operational matters are handled on time and guest expectations are met.
• Supervise inventories of materials and supplies for the outlets.
• Maintain stock based on facility needs with focus on cost reduction and profit maximization.
• Prepare and monitor annual budget, revenue goals and expenses for the company as well as generating various (weekly, monthly etc) business volume forecasts and planning accordingly.
• Manage all F&B operating expenses, set margins and manage against projections.
• Liaise with suppliers to ensure that all food items ordered are delivered, and are of the appropriate quality at the most competitive price.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT INITIATIVES
• Monitor the consistency of preparation and presentation in all food production areas to ensure that they conform to the requisite standards.
• Seek opportunities to continually improve client services.
• Ensure all staff makes a commitment to the quality system.
• Monitor all product and performance standards and ensure action is taken when standards are not being met.
• Ensure all staff is in proper uniform, grooming and proper discipline team spirit to perform their duties.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & SALES
• Identify and pursue opportunities for business growth through strategic partnerships with external agencies and groups.
• Coordinate with the other business unit to support opportunities to generate business for both entities.
• Liaise directly with the owners to pursue exploratory initiatives to develop the brand presence or position in the market.
• Prepare management reports in a timely manner.
• The role requires the incumbent to possess strong leadership skills with the ability to work all stations in the restaurant.
• Inter-personal and Multitasking Skills with a solution-oriented mind set to resolving problems
• Hospitality oriented approach with focus on Guest satisfaction
• Proven track record of business development and corporate hospitality
• Ability to work in multi-cultural environment and International Organization
• Adaptive person who can think on their feet and be proactive.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
• University Degree or equivalent vocational training certificate
• 5+ years experience in a similar position at a five star hotel or restaurant
• Food Handling Certification
• Computer knowledge in Windows environment as well as prior experience with various MMS and POS (RMS and Mycom)
• Ability to communicate in a second language.
• Four-year College or university program certificate in Food & Beverage, hospitality or related training.
About the Company
The Cycle Hub is the home of cycling in Dubai.
We are on a mission to encourage people to make cycling a healthy part of their lifestyle to providing a range of quality bicycling products, services, knowledge and experiences.