Job description / Role
The purpose of this role is to enforce ADAFZ rules and regulations to ensure compliance by all companies registered with ADAFZ. To continuously review, update and get approvals to implement ADAFZ Rules, Regulations, Laws etc. to keep it up to the standards of other Free Zones. To take full ownership to ensure seamless relationship with Government entities by signing agreements, MOU’s etc. with government entities (for e.g.: CUSTOMS, CID, General Authority of Ports, Borders & Free Zone Security, Central Bank, Abu Dhabi Food Control, ADNRD, GCAA, DOT, Supreme Petroleum Council, Department of Economy, GHQ, Police, Armed Forces Abu Dhabi / Al Ain Municipality etc. and other government authorities / regulators). To maintain good relations with government entities to ensure smooth functioning of all Free Zone matters. To assist the Free Zone customers wherever required to enable interface between ADAFZ and government entities to get necessary approvals.
• Accountable for Development of sectional/departmental objectives and plan and in line with ADAC's strategic performance management framework and scorecard
• Develop the policies and procedures for Free Zone Services to ensure that products and service are provided in an efficient and effective manner
• Recommends budget preparation for the section/department
Corporate Performance Management
• Achieve the objectives of the department/section and support colleagues in achieving the same.
• Enforce ADAFZ rules & regulations, relevant laws with internal Departments and ADAFZ registered entities by leading the compliance section, executing the mentoring role and to achieve the function’s goals and targets.
• To address, manage and mitigate the non-compliance issues. In addition, ensure that all ADAFZ Division registered issues are closed by coordinating with internal or external Departments. Ensure open communication with Internal Audit Team of ADAC to ensure audit compliance
• Enhance the ADAFZ Regulations by taking the ownership of addressing the existing gaps in policies and procedures to develop missing policies and procedures e.g. Registration and licensing, compliance, Government Services, etc. and proceed to get legal, management & related Government authority approval to implement the same on a time bound manner
• To conduct periodic reviews of ADAFZ Rules, Regulations, governing laws , to update the same in accordance with best practices of being implemented by Free Zones in UAE and Federal /local authorities’ regulations by following the stipulated approval process
• Act as the focal point of contact in all matters concerning Government Authorities in addressing ADAFZ business needs, concerns and exchange of information requests
• Engage with relevant government entities to update existing MOU’s and setup new MOU’s
• To interact with relevant government entities to ensure alignment with ADAFZ Mandate, resolve critical issues that may impact ADAFZ business from a financial or non financial perspective
• Implement best in class Customs Policies & procedure which will enhance Free Zone Logistics Business, benefit Free Zone Customers at par with other Free Zones operating with UAE. Continuous engagement with Customs to streamline customs procedures, setup KPI’s, SLA’srelated to customs clearance timelines and develop and approve enhancement plans
• Assist ADAFZ customers to resolve any issues being faced by them with any of the Government Departments across UAE and a find a long term solution for ease of future business at ADAFZ
• Recommend training needs for subordinates and evaluate the outcomes of training courses in coordination with the concerned human resources personnel
• Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates according to scheduled plans and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices
• Work with HR on identifying future manpower needs in line with the business plans
• Maintain awareness and adherence to the department/section’s policies and procedures
• Provide inputs in the periodic audit of the established policies and procedures
• Contribute to the development of periodic reports, as requested by section/department heads
• Support the executing of change management activities in the department/section
• Proactively identify and seek professional development opportunities to improve technical skills pertaining to the direct line of work and in line with ADAC’s values
• Participate in performance appraisals and reflect in the feedback and recommendations provided by the line manager for development
QUALIFICATION / EDUCATION
Minimum Education Required
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
• A minimum of ten years of relevant experience with at least five years in a leadership role in a similar Division preferably in a similar environment.
CERTIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily.
• The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
• Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills.
• Excellent IT analytical skills
• Strong background in internal procedures, analyzing internal control gaps and preparing reports.
• Proven skills in problem solving.
• Leadership Skills
About the Company
WFC Holding was born out of a market need for specialist shared services support functions in the UAE.
WFC Holding has rapidly expanded its service offering, capability, and client base to become an integrated business process outsourcing company.