Job description / Role
Head of Operations reports directly to the CEO (Accountable Manager) to discuss all operational/safety critical matters and take his/her directive. Under the direction of the CEO he/she must plan, organize, direct and manage the operations program for the Ras Al Khaimah International Airport. Oversee and manage activities that ensure and enforce compliance with federal, state and local regulations regarding airport operations, safety and security. And, to manage the safe and compliant operation of all airside activities in accordance with local procedures and GCAA regulations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Ensure that aerodrome certification requirements are met, and that the aerodrome operates in accordance with certificate conditions and regulatory requirements.
• Responsible for day-to-day aerodrome operations.
• Ensure an understanding by the aerodrome management of the certification requirement for and status of the Aerodrome Manual.
• Responsible for the management of the operational services of the aerodrome.
• Analyse auditing findings and inspections to the authority and initiate actions.
• Use feedback from audits and inspections to recommend appropriate changes to airside safety management procedures and ensure implementation.
• Monitor airside planning and development for compliance.
• Develop proactive working relationships with aerodrome users.
• Manage airport response to emergencies, i.e., respond to emergencies, coordinate emergency activities and implement emergency plans etc.
• Support the development of and monitor performance against the department budget; manages and directs the development, implementation and evaluation of work programs, plans, processes systems and procedures to achieve Airport goals, objectives and performance measures consistent with the Authority’s quality and customer-service expectations.
• Coordinate opening and closing the airport (or portions of it) based upon airport conditions and related safety factors. Issue NOTAMs as required.
• Updates and maintains Airport Operational Manual (AOM), Airport Emergency Plan (AEP), Wildlife Hazard Management Plan (WHMP), Letters of Agreement (LOAs) and Airport Security Program (ASP)
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
• Educated, trained and experienced in airport operations/safety management.
• Practical experience and expertise in aerodrome operations and safety.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the applicable requirements in the area of aerodromes.
• Appropriate level of knowledge of safety and quality management.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the Aerodrome / SMS Manual.
• GCAA Regulatory Framework (CAR Part IX / CAAPs / NOTACs).
• GCAA State Safety Program / SMS (CAR Part X).
• GCAA Aerodrome Certification Process (CAAP 30).
• GCAA Aerodrome Projects (CAAP 59).
• GCAA Regulatory Oversight Process.
• GCAA Enforcement Process.
Educational Profile and Experience:
• Minimum 10 years in a supervisory role within the aviation industry. (Airport Operations)
• Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in related field to aviation or business administration.
• Physical Demands:
• Medically / physically fit.
• Colour vision.
• Work Environment:
• Office, vehicle, airfield, remote sites and airport buildings.
About the Company
A government entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.