Job description / Role
Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 1 Million unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
The candidate shall be responsible for all Analytics related to Marketing, Seller and Customer Experience on Souq.com. The candidate will be responsible to manage a direct team of analysts and analytics managers to be able to drive an analytics driven culture within the organization.
- Seller Performance Program: The rating system devised to understand the performance of sellers and decide on the ways of rewarding the sellers or improving performance.
- Buy Button Logic: In case multiple offers are available from different sellers for the same product - deciding on the logic of which offer wins the 'buy button' by default.
- User Experience for Seller Tools: Sellers have tools like Listing tools, Order Management tools etc. Understanding the user experience metrics for such tools using Web Analytics tools.
- Measuring Seller Satisfaction and developing a Seller Feedback Program and using the feedback to provide input to Marketplace Business and Product teams
- Improving Marketing Efficiency: Analyzing marketing campaign performance in terms of customer acquisition and retention
- Category Affinity: Understand affinity between different categories and user behaviors and work closely with the marketing team to execute (Up-sell, Cross-sell) campaigns accordingly.
- Customer Lifetime: Understand the key metrics around the lifetime of a customer such as Lifetime Value, Churn, and Reactivation etc.
- Reporting: Setup automated reporting and dashboards for the marketing team that can help them understand the campaign performance, ROI and impact on the customer lifetime metrics
- Net Promoter Score (NPS): Understand the reasons of customer satisfaction/dissatisfaction and work closely with the business to provide inputs and solve those concerns
- Data capturing: Design and improvise the web/mobile app analytics tool (Omniture and Google Analytics) to ensure that all the data required is captured correctly.
- Web and Mobile App Analytics Reporting: All web/mobile app analytics reports that required by CXOs, Marketing, Product team etc.
- Ad-hoc analysis: ability to understand/mine the data in accordance to the business needs and problems to be addressed, for all the functions
- Competitive Analytics- work with vendors to analyze and understand the growth of competition in the market and provide actionable insights to the senior management
- Perform well in uncertainties and collaborate and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our rapidly evolving organizations
- Experience of at least 8 years in Analytics, preferably in Internet/Ecommerce domain
- Ideal candidate should have an Engineering and a MBA from reputed institutes
- Solid experience with leading and managing medium size teams of at least 6 to 8 people.
- Track record of building and leading Analytics teams for multibillion dollar e-commerce companies.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with CXOs, senior management and leadership teams directly and be able to drive and support strategic decision making
- Strong Mental Aptitude / IQ is the most essential criterion for eligibility
- Strong Business acumen coupled with analytical skills and mathematical aptitude
- Strong working knowledge of a query language - SQL/MySQL/T-SQL is desirable
- Basic experience with programming languages like Java/Python/C is a must
- Knowledge of statistical analysis tools like SAS/R is an advantage
- Good understanding of graphs, charts and various other data visualizations is a must
- Knowledge of Omniture and Google Analytics implementation is of advantage
- Understanding of Web Analytics and User Experience and corresponding measurement tools like Adobe Analytics (Omniture) and Google Analytics.
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.