Job description / Role
Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 41 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 4,000 employees, We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India, offering a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
As the leader of the Analytics team, you and your team of business analysts and data scientists will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You should be passionate about working with huge datasets and be someone who loves to bring data together to answer complex business questions that deepen our understanding of our customers. This role requires an individual with excellent team leadership skills, outstanding business acumen, and the ability to work across Supply Chain, Operations, Category, and Finance teams. The team will be responsible for driving key programs which will lead to improvement in fulfillment experience. We are looking for a leader who is a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, demonstrates strong attention to detail, and has the ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. The leader should be comfortable working with multiple stakeholders across Business and Ops team, influencing them and convincing them through data insights and driving, to drive these key programs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
· Experience leading and developing a team of business analysts.
· Drive strategic projects to improve key operations fulfillment metrics like DEA, FDDS, RTO, etc.
· Working with functional business leaders to build scalable processes and metrics.
· Developing a long term analytical strategy and driving the implementation of that strategy.
· Using analytics to influence multiple departments (FC Ops, Trans Ops, DEX, Category), increasing their productivity and effectiveness to achieve strategic goals.
· Create and deliver reporting, critical for tracking and managing the business, including weekly, monthly, and quarterly operational metric reports.
· Be the single point of contact for entire Ops leadership as the “go-to” person for data insights and driving key improvement initiatives
· Master’s degree in Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Statistics, or related technical field.
· Proven Analytics Thought Leader with experience leading and growing world class analytics and data science teams
· 8+ years of professional experience, and passion for, working with large data sets plus deep experience in statistical analysis, advanced modeling techniques, data mining and business analysis. 3+ years managing teams of 4 or more.
· Ability to attach complex business questions with data and curiosity to dive deep, identifying the root cause and “so what” rather than just the trends.
· Ability to thrive in an environment that is tasked with providing data-driven decision support and business intelligence that is timely, accurate and actionable.
· Ability to effective prioritize projects, manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion under tight deadlines
· Experience in data mining using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
· Proven track record of strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams across the world.
· Ability to think big, understand business strategy, provide consultative business analysis, and leverage technical skills to create insightful, effective BI solutions
· Hands on experience in SQL, Excel, Linux and OLAP, SAS, R and/or Python (data extraction, manipulation, data insights).
· Experience with data visualization software such as Tableau.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.