Head of Brand and Marketing (UAE National)
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
Develop, direct and execute all branding and marketing activities, as well as corporate events for the company.
• Set the quarterly and yearly plan for Corporate Marketing in line with the overarching strategy of the Department.
• Align the budget of Corporate Marketing with the Department’s while ensuring proper and continued coordination with the line manager by preparing and managing monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for the Marketing department
• Work closely with the management as well as the external service provider in order to define company's brand and ensure that it translates the organization’s strategic direction and identity.
• Ensure that the company brand is correctly positioned in the Abu Dhabi government, wider community and with key stakeholder.
• Design branding and positioning strategies
• Manage the Government Officials database for events and sponsorships and administer sponsorship requests for company, including proposal and management of related activities.
• Develop and manage protocol logistics required for company events.
• Oversee the execution of advertising and promotional programs for the organization working with and managing external agencies as required.
• Direct the team of Marketing and Corporate Affairs and other internal stakeholders that are concerned in order to raise awareness about the importance to respect the events plan or calendar of events and to keep the Department informed of any changes or updates.
• Keep oversight over various events across company in order to ensure that they are within the pre-set budget and they are compliant to the organization branding guidelines and other mandatory standards and monitor performance of the team and external service providers to ensure high quality and effectiveness.
• Support the Procurement Department and oversee tendering processes related to corporate affairs vendors while leading the work related to overseeing and negotiating contracts, identifying selection and assessment criteria, drafting scope of services, etc.
• Keep a positive and constructive rapport with various Divisions across company to remind them about the various services that the Department of Corporate Affairs can provide for the successful completion of events
• Throughout various events’ lifecycle, monitor events and act as a focal point within the Strategy and Communications Division to ensure that the “internal customer” is being properly served from various perspectives e.g. collaterals, advertising, translation, etc.
• Manage the policies, procedures and processes that are drafted in relation to Corporate Affairs and event management as well as sponsorship management while ensuring to increase the efficiency of the Department, to enhance the quality of customer service, to publicize (internally) preferred ways of working.
• Supervise the extent to which protocol is being adhered to in events across company and prepare for sessions in relation to raising awareness about protocol matters primarily to employees who take part in events involving Government Officials, VIP guests, etc.
People Management Responsibilities
• Recommend training needs for subordinate(s) and evaluate the outcomes of training courses in coordination with the concerned human resources personnel to leverage capabilities.
• Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates according to scheduled plans and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
• Work with HR on identifying future manpower needs for the department in line with plans.
QUALIFICATION / EDUCATION
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited institution.
• A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with at least five years in a leadership role in a similar Division preferably in a similar environment.
CERTIFICATIONS,KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Highly skilled communicator
• A track record of developing campaigns that have delivered real business growth
• A track record of managing and developing teams
About the Company
WFC Holding was born out of a market need for specialist shared services support functions in the UAE.
WFC Holding has rapidly expanded its service offering, capability, and client base to become an integrated business process outsourcing company.