Job description / Role
Our Client is urgently looking for a UAE national to work in the finance department as Head of Business Development. The company operates within the Energy, Oil & Gas sector.
• Head of Business Development
• Power and Water
• VP P&W
• UAE & GCC
Roles and Responsibilities
Basic Purpose of the role
Responsible for identifying, structuring, evaluating, developing and delivering projects for the P&W business by leading and coordinating key business development functions such as financial feasibility analysis, engineering/deign, project legal review and financial negotiations, and project delivery of new capital investment opportunities that may be green field project developments or acquisitions of advanced development, under construction, or operating assets.
Key Responsibilities of the role
• Ensure business growth through directing and managing business development activities to ensure these are delivered in accordance with company’s corporate strategy.
• Plan, direct and manage business development activities and ensure the effective achievement of the business development functional objectives.
• Prepare the annual and long-term Business Development Plans including pipeline of new growth opportunities, including organic and non-organic growth, and ensure resources are in place for execution including.
• Lead, manage, and develop the asset management team to ensure the successful execution of their projects and initiatives, optimize efficiency in financial and operational performance.
• Promoting and maintain an effective relationship with the international developers, investment banking community, industry and technology providers, advisors, and relevant governmental authorities.
• Assist in identification and appraisal of green field project development opportunities.
• Manage the development activities through financial close for new power and/or water projects.
• Supervise and implement through a team all the project development activities such as land acquisition, permitting, finalization of various contracts, preparation of financial analyses and financing of new power and/or water projects.
• Manage the development of valuation and modelling of the new businesses based on projected cash flows and expected returns.
• Evaluate the techno-economic feasibility for investments, acquisitions and mergers, and entering into long-term strategic partnerships.
• Lead the negotiation to finalize head of terms with partners, selling parties, off takers, etc.
• Prepare, submit and present to the management of the company’s, investment committees, board of directors, an information memorandum contains the results of the assessment of a new business opportunity and make recommendations.
• Coordinate with other corporate functions such as legal, HR, HSE, finance, treasury, etc. for the required support to assess any new capital investment opportunity.
• Ensure appropriate company’s approval processes are followed for all business development activities.
• Engage, when required, and lead business advisors for transaction due diligence, negotiation with partners, off takers, banks, etc.
• Facilitate teaming up with partners, on project where required and manage partner relationships.
• Undertake additional assignments and projects as might be requested by the VP P&W.
• Providing high level strategic, planning and policy advice to the VP UAE&GCC and Executive Officer on all matters affecting company’s P&W business development and sustainability.
AED 40,000 to 75,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Education allowance, Medical + Dental, Travel, Accomdation etc
Qualifications, Certifications and Experience
Academic Qualifications Required
• Bachelor’s in business administration, finance, or engineering
Specialist / Technical Certifications
• CFA, PMP
Relevant Experience Required
• 8 – 10 years of experience in P&W industry in which he/she held senior roles in business development activities (green field + M&A)
• Experience in working with JV partners and complex governance structures
• Experience in project finance
• Strong network in the sector and the middle east
• Experience in Financial modelling and contracts
• Experience in operation and maintenance of power plants
• Additional Requirements / Skills Required:
• Proficiency in English language
• MS Office and computer proficiency
• Proficiency in Arabic Language
• Team work – Proficient
• Results orientation - Proficient
• Taking initiative and problem solving - Proficient
• Adaptability and flexibility - Proficient
• Customer focus - Proficient
• Interpersonal communication & effectiveness
• Financial Professional knowledge
• Program/Project Management
• Financial Review, Decision Making
• & Analysis
• Business development knowledge
About the Company
At Candidate we pride ourselves in not only being a team of recruiters but possessing extensive industry experience across our key verticals, which allows us to search and select the right calibre of resource for our clients. With our offices in the UK and Dubai, UAE we have the exposure to the right network which helps us focus on building a portfolio of clients and candidates across our key sectors:
Financial Services FinTech Legal Cyber Healthcare Digital
We like to see ourselves as more than a typical recruitment consultancy. For instance we offer the core services of placing the right candidate for our clients and retained recruitment, in addition to consultancy to advise and build out a client’s needs. Supplying contract resource is an area we are building out to provide further options to our client base. Lastly training is a key focus, as a result of our partnership with Forte Markets we have access to a depth of content and expertise, across our key verticals, rarely seen with a recruiter.
Head of Sales
Easy World Automation
Group Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Global Head of Sales
Nexus Insurance Brokers
Business Development Manager
A Leading Trading Company in the UAE