Job description / Role
Head of Business Intelligence
Excellent Package on Offer
NTS Group are working alongside an award winning Dubai based business to recruit a Head of Business Intelligence. Data is at the center of this companies way of operating. Providing the ability to make data-driven decisions, defines KPIs for all departments, and tailors the experience of our users.
The Head of Business Intelligence is responsible for leading a team of tech / data engineers overseeing the design, development and maintenance of the companies business intelligence architecture, technology stack and data processes. The goal is to provide integrated, accurate and comprehensive data to various functional stakeholders and business analysts across the organization.
- Lead and drive initiatives amongst the BI team;
- Drive data strategy and architecture with the global BI counterparts;
- Design, implement and support data warehousing in the MEA region;
- Lead discussions with business users and source system owners to derive business and data rules to be used in data quality assessments;
- Overseeing the investigation, analysis, documentation and assist in resolution of data quality issues reported by analysts and functional stakeholders.
- Develop, manage, and validate existing data models including logical and physical models of the data warehouse and source systems.
- Determine and oversee the quality and integrity of data required to meet business needs of the end users and work towards resolving the most critical data quality issues;
- Responsible for driving accuracy of data, and maintaining and supporting the data warehouse.
- MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Understanding of business processes, data entities, data producers, and data dependencies;
- Understanding of corporate systems, data environments and reporting tools;
- Ability to use and support database applications and tools for extraction, transformation and analysis of raw data;
- Extensive working knowledge of SQL scripting for relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Working knowledge of Amazon AWS ecosystem and big data technologies
- Understands cloud computing principles
- Linux / Bash scripting proficiency
- Ability to write Python scripts to complete ETL-related tasks
- Knowledge and ability to use Pentaho for data integration
- Knowledge of open source big data tools and databases (Hadoop, MapReduce, MongoDB, CouchDB) desirable
- Practical understanding of different development methodologies including SDLC, Scrum, and/or Agile, and test-driven development;
- Ability to design and develop exception handling and data cleansing / standardization procedures;
- Ability to create data flow diagrams and documenting processes;
- Knowledgeable on the creation and implementation of data quality safeguards;
- Ability to develop and program test scripts with the purpose of identifying and managing data inconsistencies and testing of ETL processes.
About the Company
NTS Group is a leading specialist recruitment firm and experts at recruiting skilled, qualified and professional people in the Middle East.
Our promise is simple. To provide our clients and candidates an expert, professional and bespoke service whilst maintaining the highest levels of integrity and honesty.
NTS Group specialise within contingency, retained and search based recruitment campaigns across the following sectors;
Finance & Accountancy Professional Office Support Sales & Marketing Operations
To our clients, we understand people are your biggest asset and the future of your business. This is why we focus on understanding not only your technical requirements, but your culture, values and vision in order to find the right people for your business first time.
To our candidates, we believe in honesty, integrity and supporting you throughout the entire process. We listen to what you want and proactively go to market to assist you in finding your dream job.
Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer
Business Intelligence Manager
HR Source Consulting
Regional Delivery Manager