Job description / Role
Our client is a leading retail conglomerate in the Middle East, and they are looking for a brilliant Head of Buying to join their team in Dubai. They are seeking someone who has significant experience working for a large format (with e-Commerce) or private label retailer. European and/or APAC market background is highly preferred.
As a Head of Buying, you will:
- Lead and manage shoe category’s overall trading, pricing and product strategies
- Manage and oversee buying processes for a portfolio of multiple stores
- Gather key insights for performance improvement, recommending marketing programs, making price adjustments, and creating new campaigns
- Foster cross-functional team and stakeholder relationships to improve all buying, sales, and branding strategies
- Source, manage, and negotiate contracts with suppliers
- Oversee and present budget and forecast reports
- Keep updated with the latest season trends
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Digital Marketing, or similar field
- With at least 5 years’ experience as Head of Buying, Senior Buying Manager, or equivalent
- Solid product knowledge across shoe categories
- Strong in MS Excel - comfortable with data analysis and converting them into insights
- Strong project management, negotiation, and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If this exciting position sounds interesting, and if you want to earn an excellent salary plus all the tax-free benefits of working in Dubai, the please apply today online with an up to date CV.
About the Company
Quest Search & Selection is a specialist recruitment consultancy with over 20 years' experience in sourcing the world's best candidates for the global Retail, FMCG and Hospitality sectors.
With offices in the UK & Dubai, we have an international presence and a global reach. Our recruiters place candidates locally and internationally for a wide variety of roles focusing on the following areas:
Retail Buying & Merchandising, E-commerce & Digital, Food & Beverage, Hotels, Hospitality & Operations, Retail Stores & Operations, HR & Recruitment, Procurement, Supply Chain & Logistics, Sales & Marketing, Technical and New Product Development.
We work in partnership with our clients who range from famous international brands within the Retail, Restaurant, Hotel and Consumer products space. Our reputation is built on our in-depth understanding of the industry and our consultants' skill, knowledge and passion for their sectors.
Head of Procurement
Supply Chain Systems Manager
First National Operation and Maintenance Company (NOMAC)
Assistant Manager - Procurement & Tendering
Supply Chain Manager
Search Heads Middle East
Supply Planning Manager