Job description / Role
Head of Communication MENA
The purpose of this role is to oversee the development and execution of communications strategy (internal & external) within the region. The Regional Head of Communications will be responsible for regional internal and change communications and regional external communications planning and delivery, including media, PR and stakeholder communication
Marketing at the British Council is a strategic function which drives awareness, understanding and engagement with us across our diverse audiences. We use insight, knowledge and analysis of our market and our customers to engage them with the British Council’s international cultural relations mission, our products and services in the most impactful and effective way. We lead the development of our brand and use our expertise to tell inspiring stories to enhance our global reputation, build lifelong relationships, engage our staff and prove the impact of what we do.
The Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Marketing Directorate plays an essential role in helping us to make a positive contribution to the UK and the communities where we work - 17 dynamic and diverse countries in MENA. The Directorate is driving an approach to marketing excellence through an integrated team of marketing professionals that include specialists working in communications, insights and analysis, marketing performance and digital communications. The work is varied, challenging and rewarding, and supports a portfolio of work in English language teaching services, examinations and professional qualifications, education programmes, and arts and society initiatives.
To join this high functioning team, we are looking for candidates who are adaptive and innovative. Prepared to think differently, drive value and demonstrate high levels of expertise and professionalism. They will be dedicated to growing the impact and reputation of the British Council and work seamlessly across many countries, supporting the requirements of multiple business units.
- Developing a regional communications strategy and plan which aligns with the British Council’s global communications strategy and plan, enables regional strategies and goals and supports regional programmes and activities to reach key regional stakeholder and public audiences.
- Leadership and management of crisis communications and media relations in region, working closely with the corporate team.
- Strategic oversight of the communication of the British Council’s profile to internal and external stakeholders in region.
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism (or equivalent)
- Considerable experience in managing communications within a large and complex organisation or agency
- Demonstrable experience in providing expert advice and guidance on internal and external communications
- Demonstrable experience in managing and mitigating internal and external communications risks and issues
- Demonstrable experience of translating broad visions and strategies into specific objectives
- Experience of working with the media / press and an excellent understanding of effective online and non-traditional media including digital media outlets and social media platforms
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills
- Ability to work in close collaboration with colleagues and team members based remotely
- Good analytical skills and first-class attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills
About the Company
The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within the organisation.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to employing disabled people.