Job description / Role
Our client, a large organization in the UAE, is currently looking for a Head of Compliance (Emirati national). For this role, you will be is primarily responsible for overseeing and managing compliance within the organization, ensuring that the external stakeholders and its employees are complying with regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures. Other responsibilities will include:
• Conducting and overseeing internal reviews or audits periodically to ensure that compliance procedures are followed
• Conducting or directing the internal investigation of compliance issues
• Informing, educating, and training employees on matters that are associated with regulations and industry practices
• Evaluating business activities such as investments, to evaluate or assess compliance risk
• Coming up with effective plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation
• Staying up-to-date with internal standards and business goals
• Working cooperatively with external auditors when needed
• Preparing appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies
• Discussing arising compliance issues with management or employees
• Ensuring and verifying that all regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• A degree holder preferably with master’s degree or CFA or CAM or ACAM qualification
• Have a minimum total experience of 8 years, of which 3 years in a leading role
• Experience of working in a regulated environment within the professional financing services or banking sector.
• Knowledge of data protection legislation and AML procedures
• Good IT skills and knowledge are essential.
• Judgement to balance commercial and compliance risks to achieve positive outcomes.
• Ability to deal with confidential matters with discretion and tact.
• Maintains the highest professional standards to ensure the firm is not in a position of risk.
• Ability to build supportive relationships with everyone across the firm.
• Excellent communication and leadership skills with an ability to influence at all levels.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Able to multi-task, manage time effectively and keep calm under pressure.
• Works collaboratively with partners and Management Committee to resolve client conflicts to acceptable outcomes.
• Makes commercial business decisions and is resilient in the face of resistance.
• Must have a family book and passport
• Willing to work and live in Abu Dhabi
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Compliance & AML Manager
|Abu Dhabi||20 Dec|
RTC-1 Employment Services
Senior Manager, Merchant Banking & Partnerships
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)