Job description / Role
The purpose of this job is to oversee the full portfolio of all live projects across the Emirates. Develop strategic project management plans, establish project management processes and procedures, manage consultants, resource planning, risk assessment and value engineering and provide leadership to the project team.
• Scheduling, coordinating and supervising multiple projects.
• Monitor and report regularly to CEO/COO on corporate Construction Supervision.
• Training, performance monitoring, planning, analyzing, and supervising a team of Project Directors/Managers to work more effectively and efficiently.
• Monitoring construction schedules, budgeting and identifying resources.
• Identification of field operational solutions that will improve productivity.
• Detailed daily reports and cost monitoring.
• Preparation of strategic planning/programming.
• To define and develop project business strategy, capable of delivering projects in line with fiscal and other constraints of the projects.
• Prepare and control operational budgets.
• Establishing in house monitoring and tracking procedures.
• Preparation of specific development, design and construction programs and allowances for key activities.
• Monitoring and control of external Consultants/Specialists.
• Monitoring and controlling construction process.
• Resource planning.
• Risk assessment and value engineering.
• Claims and impact analysis.
• Implement quality management systems requirements related to the Projects and look for opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Enforces compliance with government regulations, safety requirements, and sound engineering principles.
• Directs job execution through project management teams.
• Ensures the management of projects with execution at established profitability levels.
• Manages the manpower planning and scheduling processes and practices.
• Oversees and monitoring of the manpower management processes to established standards.
• Selects and manages consultants and contractors.
• Sets quality standards for them.
• Work closely with commercial and design teams in ensuring the best possible commercial success of each project, championing health and safety and quality standards.
• Involve throughout the estimating process in the development of proposals and bids, which reflect accurate costs for the execution of work.
• Direct, support and monitor the performance of the Project Directors/Managers in all activities and issues related to Construction Supervision QA/QC and EHS.
• Audit of all projects and make recommendations thereafter.
• Implementation of policies and procedures to enable streamlining and measurement of execution of works.
• Setting, implementing and monitoring of project management methodologies, procedures and processes through direct coordination with all Project Directors/Managers to enable project execution is achieved on time, to budget and to quality standards with strong HSE performance.
• Change Management to ensure restructuring business objectives are achieved.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering/Construction Management or related discipline.
• At least 20 years of post-qualification experience in a similar/senior management role with leading real estate or property development companies, out of which minimum 8-10 years GCC/UAE experience is a must.
• Handled multiple projects of large scale magnitude from concept planning to close out.
• Must be a proven performer in the development and implementation of world standard project execution methodologies.
• A comprehensive knowledge of applicable Forms of Contract, their application and administration.
• An astute commercial awareness and knowledge of controlling substantial Main Contractors and Consultant organizations.
Skill Sets Required:
• Proficient in Project Management softwares and financial accounting systems.
• Strong leadership skills, negotiation abilities and analytical skills essential as well as accuracy and attention to detail.
• Organizational adeptness.
• Intellectual thinking.
• Strategic thinking.
• Technical knowledge.
• Dealing with ambiguity.
• Consultative leadership.
About the Company
A leading real rstate company in UAE.
Project Manager - Museum Construction
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
Director of Development
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
Ignite Search & Selection
Project Director - Arabic Speaker
Construction Manager (Resident Engineer)