Job description / Role
With experience of legacy systems as well as building the right foundation for new-age data environments, this individual will lead the design and blueprint of the Data Architecture, in line with the wider data enablement agenda & strategy.
As one of the first hires within this team, this role will be implementing the building blocks of the overall data infrastructure for the company.
A government organisation in the UAE that has heavily invested in their data capability, now looking to expand their data governance & management team.
* Responsible for designing the roadmap for, and managing the implementation of data warehousing, data modelling and integration for the company.
* Work with different internal stakeholders to evaluate the current Data environment and provide strategic recommendations and solutions to maximise the value of data, fostering a data driven ecosystem.
* Aid efforts to improve business performance through enterprise data solutions (example, data integration, data management and data lake's).
* Work with the Senior Data Architecture and Engineering lead and data engineers to define and implement required data pipelines.
* Opportunity to work with a top-caliber organisation with exposure to exciting and advanced data-driven projects.
* At least 8 to 10 years' experience working in Data Architecture.
* Strong understanding of legacy oracle systems with the ability to design big data technology roadmaps across open-source technologies such as the Hadoop Ecosystem (including Spark, Scala, Hive, etc).
* Have the ability to educate and communicate with business and technical teams, strategically manage expectations across stakeholders.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.