Job description / Role
Head of E-Business - MENA
Dubai, Full time.
When you think Nestle, what's the first thing that comes to mind? We might be known as the world's largest food and beverages company, but so much more goes into the DNA that makes us who we are. From the health and wellness of our consumers, the quality of our products and the passion that drives our employees, there's always more to life here. As such, we're looking for a Head of E-Business to drive our organization to a new way of working.
Based in our head office in Dubai, you'll be reporting to the Communications and Marketing Services Director to support our transformation in becoming a truly online business. From coffee to confectionery and everything in between, you'll be working alongside some of the best in the industry, in a team of professionals to solidify our position in the digital ecosystem, solidifying Nestle's status as the world's leading FMCG brand.
A day in the life of
- You get into the office around 9 so you can prepare for the meetings that day and touch base with the team you manage, to discuss where we are with the implementation of e-Business strategies for various parts of our business.
- You're the key person who manages relationships with our technology partners, so you've arranged a meeting on the latest platform updates on Snapchat, and invite some colleagues from Kit Kat as you think it could be a great way of supporting a new product launch and want to get their buy-in.
- Before lunch you sit down with one of your team members, the digital marketing specialist, to discuss the mock-ups of some campaigns you'll be launching across YouTube and Facebook.
- You understand what our consumers are looking for, and in the current climate, you're wanting to ensure we're top of mind with consumers embracing a new way of buying via third party platforms.
- It's not all about creating campaigns. A big part of this newly created role is educating the business to understand the steps needed to make all our brands visible and accessible in the digital ecosystem.
- You work with brand teams to help improve their understanding of how to drive our digital revenue.
- You liaise with colleagues across the business.
- As our global head office is in Switzerland, you have a call this afternoon with other e-Business leaders to talk about how your plans fit in to the global direction we're taking as an organization.
- Before you leave, you have a meeting with a member of our MENA leadership team.
- This is a highly visible role, and you're responsible for not only driving excellence in your own team but driving capability across the organization.
What will make you successful
- Bachelor's degree
- You will need 10 years' experience in marketing, with at least 3 of these having a strong digital and e-commerce focus
- Experience working in cross functional teams is a must.
- You will, ultimately, be responsible for managing some of the world's biggest brands.
- This will demand an ability to work under pressure, and possessing a mindset of continuous improvement
- You are a digital native. You eat, breathe and live for the latest trends, platforms and activations.
- Fluency in English is a must. Arabic and/or French are a great advantage too.
We are Nestle, the largest food and beverage company. We are 308,000 employees strong driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Our values are rooted in respect: respect for ourselves, respect for others, respect for diversity and respect for our future. With more than CHF 91.4 billion sales in 2018, we have an expansive presence with 413 factories in more than 85 countries. We believe our people are our most important asset, so we'll offer you a dynamic inclusive international working environment with many opportunities across different businesses, functions and geographies, working with diverse teams and cultures.
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.
Head of ECommerce - FMCG & Retail
Right Calibre Executive Search
Senior Manager Strategy & Marketing Excellence
Marketing Manager / Marketing Director
A Leading Manufacturing Company In The UAE
Trade Marketing Manager