Job description / Role
We are looking for a top-notch Head of Engineering (Technology) that can join a unique opportunity to witness the growth of a fast-growing well-funded tech startup led by industry leaders based out of the UAE. Our Tech team is at the heart of the company, you will help launch and scale up the business across the region.
What You'll Do:
• Lead the software development, delivery, and maintenance for a new digital platform, driving the technology strategy, technical design and implementation of full-fledged multichannel and scalable technology platform from scratch.
• The candidate should be a strong leader with a success mentality and a leader by example, a hands on executive who keeps up to date with latest technology trends and make mature decisions on choosing proper technology decisions and frameworks to get the job perfectly done, and have the responsibility to hire the right engineering team.
• Lead the software development activities of multiple squads and own the delivery.
• Work closely with the product and business teams to develop roadmaps, timelines and milestones.
• Ensure proper approaches and processes are in place, up-to-date and well communicated for maximum productivity.
• Good understanding of budget management & deliver results vs. budget.
• Manage the technical infrastructure, architecture and development of the company’s platform and multiple client apps.
• Improve quality of project delivery through implementation of development and testing plans.
• Contribute hands-on to development and code reviews as necessary.
• Resolve bottlenecks and conflicts between team members.
• Participate in recruitment and team building.
• Elevate analytics and data based decisions to ensure that team productivity as well as software platforms respond dynamically to business needs.
• Present to the management the deliverables, platform features, feasibility studies and improvement plans.
• Improve team operations through developing KPIs.
• Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science / Engineering with over 10 years of experience software engineering and at least 4 years in an Engineering leadership position.
• Excellent knowledge in Architecture and Design from solution and software perspectives.
• Excellent understanding of DevOps and/or Site Reliability Engineering, as well as Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment concepts.
• Extensive experience in team leadership, including remote team management.
• Excellent understanding of software development lifecycle, hands-on experience with several technologies and platforms in Mobile, Backend, and Web.
• Good grasp of agile software development processes and methodologies.
• Good understanding of planning, estimation, resource allocation and utilization.
• Experience working with 3rd party vendors and ensuring that these engagements are set up from the outset to succeed.
• Great leadership and communication skills.
• Process awareness with excellent prioritization.
• Good understanding of tradeoffs and their effects to the business and customer.
• Budget management experience including budgetary and planning responsibilities within technology work streams.
• Good understanding of Data Engineering, Data Science, and Big Data.
About the Company
We are a group of forward thinking people who look for life changing innovative ideas, solving real life issues and always trying to find solutions geared towards improving people’s lives for the better.
We are all about building tech startups with strong growth potential in the Middle East and beyond, priding ourselves in understanding and identifying the challenges of tomorrow. We focus on understanding consumer behavior throughout the tech life cycle with a clear aim at providing disruptive technologies working towards creating real value.