Job description / Role
The General Manager – FM will be responsible for running a medium sized FM operation delivering Total Facilities Management (TFM) services to UAE based clients. The role will be focused on both Operations and Business development, so a strong understanding of delivering both hard and FM services, through a large blue-collar workforce is essential. The incumbent should also have an expertise in various fields such as facility management and building maintenance, engineering, development, planning, budgeting, organization, marketing and evaluation of strategic business goals and objectives of the company.
• Lead, perform and oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization and business effectively.
• Generate potential business leads and serve both open and close business opportunities within the UAE FM sector.
• Create and implement business development strategies and overseeing activities that ensure the delivery of contracts to acceptable standards.
• Develop, monitor and review annual and life-cycle replacement maintenance programs, establish policies and procedures and negotiate contracts.
• Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of business contracts/projects and arrange for recruitment or assignment of personnel as per contracts/projects requirements or business specifications and monitoring them to enable the delivery of efficient and effective services.
• Responsible for all staff and subcontractors on site, together with the financial and operational performance of the projects/contracts.
• Develop and establish customer service and budgetary standards.
• Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with customers and employees.
• Review on-going, trouble-shoot areas needing corruptive action of various aspects of the organization and business.
• Develop, coordinate and evaluate the implementation of monitoring and inspection programs to ensure an appropriate level of customer service and satisfaction is met.
• Perform other tasks that are closely related to the position, as assigned by the CEO.
• Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering/Building Maintenance/Facilities Management or related discipline having experience in setting-up and developing a FM Services company in the region and able to demonstrate leadership in FM industry and projects.
• Master’s Degree in General Management or similar qualification will be an advantage.
• Must have 15-20 years’ experience out of which at least 3-5 years in a General Management or Senior Management role assuming similar responsibilities with a leading organization in the FM industry in UAE/GCC.
• Capable of handling both Operational requirements Business Development of a typical commercial FM services company in the region.
• Should have sound knowledge of international best practices in facilities management and change management.
• Bilingual - English & Arabic speaking skills will be an advantage.
• Excellent Management and Leadership skills.
• Commercial Acumen (Profit & Loss management).
• Strong analytical, organizational and IT skills.
• Excellent communication skills (both oral & written).
• Good report writing skills.
About the Company
RAK Properties is one of the leading property development and tourism infrastructure firms in the UAE.
With proven excellence in a wide range of projects including mixed-use community developments, strategically placed retail shops, health spas and hotels, RAK Properties Public Joint Stock Company (PJSC) plays a central role in shaping the lifestyle of residents of the United Arab Emirates.
Founded in 2005 from the vision of His Highness Sheikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah, RAK Properties delivers high-quality and professionally managed projects that provides its customers with the highest level of service, while maximizing the value of their investments.
RAK Properties has sound capital of AED 2 Billion. The Initial Public Offering (IPO) of RAK Properties in early 2005 was over subscribed by almost 57 times. In its mission to lead the development of real estate and tourism infrastructure in Ras Al Khaimah. RAK Properties aims to attract foreign investors of repute to launch state of the art projects, including luxurious hotels, resorts and malls. In doing so, RAK Properties serves as a catalyst for a dynamic property market in both Ras Al Khaimah and the wider United Arab Emirates.
Manager - Facilities Management
Milaha Qatar Navigation
Manager Facilities Management
Hire Rightt Executive Search
CSG Global Talent
Associate Director - MEP - Engineering Consultancy
Ignite Search & Selection
General Manager for Facilities Maintenance