Job description / Role
A very large reputable sporting organisation headquartered in the United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced Head of Finance to join their strong, longstanding senior leadership team.
* The Head of Finance will be responsible for financial management, financial reporting and the tight fiscal control and delivery of significant capital projects.
* They must also be able to capture, process, report and explain the impact of key transactions promptly and accurately.
* The role will require strong technical skills and experience of operating in an ever evolving, regulated industry.
* It will also require excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders.
* Outside of specific responsibilities, the role will be focused across an organisation-wide initiative to drive corporate governance, revenue generation and cost management.
* Manage, supervise and develop the finance team, including completion of PDRs, and provide strong leadership and guidance to the finance team and payroll department in general.
* Responsible for the development and management of the Key Performance Indicators for the business, ensuring accurate reporting and working closely with heads of department and project leaders to develop these.
* Total responsibility for the accurate production of monthly Management Accounts and accurate annual statutory financial statements at Group consolidation and Company level.
* The Management Accounts are to be produced to a standard appropriate for delivery to the Executive Management team, Board of Directors.
* Production of Annual Departmental Budgets by working with each Department Head, and subsequent production of the Annual Budget Model and Cash Flow Forecast for presentation to the Executive Management team and Board of Directors. Driving improvements in budgeting and developing granular budgeting models.
* Investigating, researching and managing new investment opportunities with the Group CFO.
* To have overall responsibility for the various company payroll records, to ensure accurate payroll information is submitted to the bank within the payment deadlines required.
* Ensure accurate Cash Flow Forecasting with monthly updates to the rolling Annual Cash Flow Forecast, as well as maintaining the short-term day to day Cash Flow Forecast.
* Presentation of financial results to the Executive Management team on a timely basis.
* Advising the Board on the availability of cash.
* Full year and half year audits.
* Review and approval of quarterly VAT submissions.
* Lead the annual business plan development and budgeting process.
* Lead the financial modelling and analysis to support the development of long-term strategic initiatives and business plans.
* Developing, implementing and maintaining rigorous corporate governance.
* Define the role and responsibilities, recruit, manage, and measure KPIs of the team members to deliver the key objectives.
* Establish and maintain good working relationships with relevant external banks and institutions.
* Working closely with the Commercial Director to develop operational delivery and support requirements and delivers same.
* Ensure optimal deployment of resources to achieve business goals.
* Develop finance and accounting team goals that are fully aligned with the company goals and objectives.
* Maintain strong working relationships with key accountants and tax specialists, lawyers, property relationships, and other finance related advisors
* Maintain product knowledge on the full range of goods and services provided by the company to provide best possible financial service.
* Dealing with insurance matters, and to oversee the annual insurance renewal process and ensure appropriate coverage is maintained at all times.
* Ensure appropriate legal review of contracts and solicit external legal advice as required.
* Review finance of preferred vendors.
* Monthly review and approval of all payrolls.
* Overview any Company Pension Schemes
* Take on and manage ad hoc projects within the Finance Department and in the wider business as required.
* Develop, implement and maintain knowledge of company policies, procedures and processes.
* Lead weekly departmental meetings and actively participate in other meetings (internal & external) as and when required.
* Experience in the UAE/Region is strongly desired.
* Track record of successfully leading an effective team, enabling the team to perform well on an individual and collective basis.
* Experience of meeting and exceeding challenging objectives and targets that contribute significantly to organisational performance.
* An understanding of the financial environment relating to the operation of a sporting environment.
* Knowledge & experience of leading the budget development process in a complex organisation.
* Experience within a sporting organisation is desired.
* Proven experience of an effective approach to problem solving that contributes to the overall performance of the organisation.
* Knowledge of IT software
* Management experience
* Commercial acumen
* Capacity for innovation Personal Characteristics
* A credible partner to the business and its senior executives.
* Strong commercial awareness.
* Qualified Chartered Accountant
* 10+ years post-qualification desirable.
* MBA qualification advantageous.
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.