Job description / Role
• To oversee the company’s financial operations through effective planning and leadership of all Finance Employees.
• To be fully conversant with all terms and conditions of client contracts, with particular emphasis on payment terms.
• To maintain complete and supported accounting records of the company as required by law in the countries that ACCL and its subsidiaries do business.
• To implement local accounting procedures to ensure compliance with local government regulations in close cooperation with company President.
• To prepare and interpret the financial statements and reports of the company for the principals as and when required.
• To prepare and implement all necessary controls in order to safeguard the assets of the company, in addition to maintaining records for fixed assets, operating equipment, supplies and all other inventories.
• To ensure as per policy, physical inventories of all supplies are being recorded and inventory of operating equipment is completed on a quarterly basis in all countries from which we operate and any and all discrepancies are reported to the principals in a detailed report.
• To compile, in conjunction with the company President and Division Heads, all budgets and forecasts in relation to present, future and prospective projects/bids.
• To ensure reports are prepared for Principals on monthly basis include but not limited to: Profit and Loss Statements, for each division, project, contract and subsidiary.
• To be fully responsible for the overall administration of credit and collection procedures.
• To understand the company’s tax obligations in all counties which the company and its subsidiaries operate, using the assistance of locally appointed auditors and or tax experts for advice when appropriate.
• To liaise with both internal and external auditors in compliance with the Company's legal requirements in the countries in which we operate.
• To safeguard all client contracts, leases, insurance policies, licenses, and all financial documents.
• To ensure through effective supervision, all payments are made as per policy and procedure.
• To ensure through effective supervision, all receivables due are monitored and controlled and reported to Principals as per standard policy.
• To liaise with the companies Banks in all the countries we do business, to ensure a professional relationship is maintained at all times.
• To liaise with the companies Clients Finance managers in all the countries we do business, to ensure a professional relationship and lines of communication are maintained at all times.
• Employee Handling
• To ensure discipline and punctuality of the department at all times.
• To maximize productivity and morale by setting goals, providing clear guidelines and by developing team spirit.
• To manage all employees of the department through effective supervision, coaching and disciplinary action when appropriate.
• The ideal candidate will be a qualified Chartered Accountant, with a minimum of 15 years post qualification experience working for multinational companies, with a detailed understanding of regional tax processes.
• The candidate must be able to show from previous employment how they have built strong and independent Finance departments with excellent internal controls and reporting.
• In addition be able to state examples of finance controls implemented in previous companies, that did not compromise the services or the product sold, but were financially beneficial to the company.
About the Company
ACCL International is an Afghan-owned company, providing Secure Accommodations, Life Support Services & Operational Maintenance, Logistics, Construction, Catering, Retail, Satellite and Information Technology, as well as support in the provision of Work Permit and Visa services in remote locations and austere environments. Established in 2002, ACCL has secured an international reputation for quality and job diversification, including, but not limited to, projects in the private, commercial and government sectors. Headquartered in Afghanistan, ACCL also has supportive offices in the UAE as well as representative offices in Germany, USA, and Iraq.