Job description / Role
The Head of Finance will be responsible for managing all the reporting and forecasting activities as well as evaluating the profitability of new initiatives and producing ad hoc analyses. The successful candidate will partner with the President of the vertical, the Heads of the functions and their statistic to support their strategic decision process, not only being active in educating them on finance and accounting procedures but also in walking them through how the finance function can support operational improvement programs.
The role holder will be involved in supporting presentations to the local management, shareholders and Group Counterparts, working closely with the other senior members of the Company. In addition, s/he will engage with the CFO, Supply Chain, Data Analytics team, human resources (HR) and information technology (IT) statistics € to challenge and improve business performance of Operations and SLA and enhance and better automate process & systems for decision making.
- Ensure timely and accurate Consolidate view of business performance of the Vertical to the President and insights and priorities regarding areas of intervention
- Support strategic business decision making through financial modeling and analysis including ad hoc modeling and analysis.
- Ensure value creation tracking in the feasibility studies.
- Develop post-mortem tracking of former TECH investments.
- Collaborate and support SC to ensure Governance & delivery of the Transformation roadmap into B2C fulfillment and Last mile operations
- Collaborate and support TECH department to review the operating and delivery model to ensure is efficient and deliverables are in line with business requirement for Digital and Hybrid Transformation.
- Create, own and refine the budgeting process including development of department specific budgets and related ongoing variance reporting and analysis
- Leading teams: secure a strong succession pipeline and develop top quality financial talent to ensure the finance organization delivers high levels of performance and productivity.
- Identify, nurture, coach and develop finance talents matching the new finance competency framework
- Inspire the team and provide continuous guidance and mentorship in order to create a performance- driven culture
- Drive the process of effective manpower planning for Finance, recruitment, training and development and ensure high level of employee engagement and motivation in the workplace
- Support the management with a comprehensive set of analyses and reports for them to stay abreast of any financial and business trend highlighting potential risk and opportunities.
- Develop and maintain financial forecasts for the business and track key variances, changes and opportunities in actual results versus forecast
- Generate, maintain and automate financial reporting, including weekly, monthly and quarterly packages for key internal and external stakeholders.
- In coordination with IT & Data Analytics' team.
- Ensuring new FP&A tool roll out (Hyperion and Power BI/Lookers DB)
- Preserve the consistency of all the reporting cycles by coordinating with the local accounting teams and the Group Finance functions to ensure timely and accurate submission of the Financial statements.
- Guarantee the compliance to Group Policies and principle regarding financial matters.
- Support the CFO in engaging the board's audit and finance committees around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery
- Minimum of 15 year progressive finance experience gained in finance department of multinational companies better if with some relevant experience and perspective out of the GCC Region in FMCG or Retail environment; experience of Finance in Operations a plus.
- The capability of connecting, understanding and translating the business events which have a direct impact on the financial performance is a key factor of success in this position.
- Strong communication & negotiation skills are crucial in dealing with a variety of internal and external counterparts.
- Develop an internal and external network of relevant stakeholders.
- Hands on experience interacting with operations managers and line management, ideally combining corporate-level finance experience with actual operating experience.
- A history of a strong partnership with top executives, based on expertise, intellect, and a direct, open and candid style.
- History of setting and achieving the highest standards of performance for the team.
- Recognized for attracting great talent, building a strong bench, and developing a successor.
- Effective interpersonal skills; needs to relate well at all levels internally and externally.
- Able to adapt continuously and effectively to a globally and culturally diverse environment.
- Professional qualification: ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ACA, Top 10 MBA
- Capability of working under the constant pressure of strict deadlines.
- Being Inclusive
- Collaborating & Influencing with Respect & Trust
- Communicating effectively
- Demonstrating Customer Centricity
- Demonstrating Personal Resilience & Adapting to Change
- Demonstrating Strategic Vision
- Developing & Engaging Employees
- Driving Innovation
- Driving Results
- Understanding & Developing Self
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.