Job description / Role
Reporting to the Group CFO and FM Director, the responsibilities for the Head of Finance would be:
• Contribute to the effective overall strategic development and delivery of the Annual Business Plan and 3 year Strategic Plan.
• Provide leadership and direction for the Divisional Finance team, in order to continually improve systems and process, thereby ensuring that internal and external customers receive a high standard of service while further developing the financial skills of budget holders. Develop and maintain strong relationships with Customers senior finance staff to support our strategic account teams.
Internal Controls / Reporting:
• Ensure that effective budgetary, reporting and other internal control systems are in place to monitor performance against plans.
• Business operations and procedures to comply with the principles of effective Corporate Governance.
• Work collaboratively with the Business Development and Operations functions to:
• Increase profit margins through stepped improvements in productivity and efficiency
• Achieve contract and business unit growth targets
• Ensure that contracts are settled as planned, particularly when securing or completing work, in order to deliver cash backed profits to shareholders
• Ensure that risks are identified and managed effectively
The successful candidate will have:
• A full and recognised accountancy qualification (e.g. CIMA, CIPFA, ACCA, ACA)
• A proven track record of supporting and delivering major business change whilst demonstrating commercial acumen and project management skills.
• Proven experience and capability in the implementation of new technologies, systems and processes to both enhance internal efficiency and deliver additional customer value.
• Experience of financial operations in a high risk FM environment or aligned industries such as Hospitality, Professional Services etc
• Designing, analysing and reviewing strategic budget, bid financial models and business plans.
• Proven capability in successfully managing the performance and planning of a team/function, balancing between serving the needs of the business and functional requirements.
About the Company
At NSR we pride ourselves on market knowledge, integrity, loyalty and professionalism. Through personal relationships and knowledge of what our clients look for in specific requirements we like to pride ourselves on matching people to the right role.
The partners at NSR have always dealt with people in an open and honest manner and as a company we are driven to find the right opportunity for people enhancing their career where ever this may be worldwide.
We work on the principal that every person we deal with is a potential client, this process has proved beneficial for us as there are many people we have dealt with on the International circuit that have approached NSR Associates to recruit for them as a client after we have worked on their behalf as a candidate.
Regional Finance Controller
Group Financial Controller
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Excelsior Group ME
Head of Finance