Job description / Role
- Collaborate with the Managing Director in setting and driving organizational vision, operational strategy, and hiring needs, in line with MMS CEO, Deputy CEO & CFO direction.
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning
- Oversee company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
- Ensure effective recruiting (when needed, and in line with the approved Budget by MMS Dubai), onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention
- Adhere to company, and local business requirements, enforcing compliance and taking action when necessary
- Analyze internal operations, ensure proper controls are in place and continuously identify areas of process enhancement,
- Ensure accuracy & reliability of financial data reported to MMS Dubai, in line with the group's policies, processes & procedures.
- Liaise with External auditors and ensure all issues are escalated to MMS CFO, Dubai. Ensure audit issues are resolved at the earliest.
- Optimize tax structure, cost and ensure timely filing & payments to Egyptian tax authorities.
- Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the CEO, Deputy CEO & CFO.
- Directly oversee operations, HR, and accounting, and partner with the MD on sales management to budget for sufficient investment capital to achieve growth targets over the near term.
- Submit the Budget on a timely manner to MMS CFO.
- Aggressively manage expenses to ensure the company achieves targets relative to growth and profitability
- Monitor performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting
- Closely monitor the discounts, incentives to ensure they are in line with deals agreed with clients (and not more).
- Closely monitor AVR accruals & ensure these are signed off by MMS CFO pre- payment to agencies.
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key agencies and clients to ensure the collection of receivables in line / as close as possible to payment terms/ Ensure PDCs don't bounce back.
- ACA/ CPA qualified or equivalent accounting qualifications.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in a similar role in Egypt.
- Strong finance business partnering experience.
- Strong knowledge of Egyptian Tax law.
- Experience of working in an advertising/ media company is highly desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS 15.
- Knowledge of Egypt law and regulations.
- Experience of using Oracle Fusion.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Fluent in Arabic and English, reading, writing, and speaking.
- Previous experience of team management.
- Creativity & innovation
- Result orientation
- Planning & organising
- Teamwork & interpersonal Skills
About the Company
MBC GROUP is the largest media company in the Middle East & North Africa region that enriches people’s lives through information, interaction and entertainment. In 2002, nearly a decade after the launch of MBC1 in London, in 1991, MBC GROUP moved its headquarters to Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates.
Today, MBC GROUP includes over 17 leading TV channels: MBC1 (general family entertainment); MBC2 & MBC MAX (24-hour western movies); MBC3 (children’s edutainment with a mix of both local productions and western acquisitions); MBC4 (entertainment for young families with a female-focus); MBC ACTION (an indigenous adrenaline-packed channel targeting young males with local and homegrown productions); MBC VARIETY (Western films and general entertainment with uninterrupted broadcasting); MBC DRAMA (24/7 Arabic drama) & MBC+ DRAMA (a joint pay-TV channel between MBC and OSN); MBC PERSIA (general family entertainment dubbed and subtitled in Farsi); WANASAH (24-hour Arabic music channel); MBC MASR & MBC MASR2 (general family entertainment geared towards the Egyptian family); MBC BOLLYWOOD (delivering the freshest in Bollywood content geared towards the region via an Arabized interface); MBC USA (on “Dish Network” in the US); MBC IRAQ (a premium channel aimed at the entire Iraqi family), MBC5 (new satellite channel dedicated to the Maghreb); all of them benefit from MBC STUDIOS which produces the region’s most compelling premium content for cinema, television and on-demand platforms. MBC GROUP also includes two FM radio stations: MBC FM (Gulf music) and Panorama FM (contemporary Arabic hit music).
Furthermore, part of MBC GROUP is Shahid and its premium subscription-based service Shahid VIP, the world’s leading Arabic streaming platform, home to highly rated original productions from the Arab world, a wide range of exclusive movies and premieres, as well as the top watched live Arab TV channels.
A Leading Trading Company in the UAE
A Leading Company In UAE
Head of Finance
Quest Search & Selection
Finance Manager - Accounting
A Leading Real Estate Development Company
Leading Sales, Marketing & Third Party Administrator Operating in GCC