Job description / Role
My client, a leading international group based in the UAE, are looking to recruit a Head of Finance to manage their Sales & Distribution Business Unit and support their key developments across the region. This role will drive their performance through close leadership of the Direct Distribution function, as well as working with the team to drive pricing strategies and simplify the route to market for goods.
Our client is a leading international group, based in the UAE.
The successful candidate will;
* Oversee and direct the budgeting, accounting, taxation, treasury, premium collection activities.
* Ensure that the budget and forecast are prepared as per the objectives of the Company
* Review monthly cash flow requirement (Budgeted Vs Actual), manage transfer of funds as per the requirement and ensure effective cash flow management for the Business Unit operations
* Manage and monitor all forecasts, cash flows, fixed asset reporting and insurance policies
* Liaise with the sales & operations team to ensure accurate demand forecast, prepare profitability forecasts and ensure achievement of budgeted profitability and budgeted product mix
* Monitor daily profitability and overhead spends. Ensure cost and budgetary control over product costing, TMI/CMI spends, manpower and other overheads at the business unit level.
* Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements in terms of financial activities and reporting.
* Guide and train the Finance team in the areas which require improvement.
* The successful candidate for this role will be offered a highly competitive package, plus excellent benefits.
The successful candidate will have:
* A professional accounting qualification (CA/ICAEW/ACA/ACCA/CIMA). An MBA with Specialisation in Finance will also be an advantage
* Minimum 12 years' experience in a Multinational organisation and a minimum of 5 years' experience in the FMCG Industry at a Managerial level
* Exposure to Oracle, SAP or other major ERP
* Functional technical knowledge in accounting, costing, audit, systems & IFRS
* A strong background as a Business Partner with excellent People Management, Planning and Analytical skills
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Regional Finance Controller
Head of Finance
Group Financial Controller
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Head of Finance - International FM Business