Job description / Role
My client is a well known multinational in the education sector, who are partnering with a prestigious British education institution, to launch a new school in Dubai.
As Head of Finance / Senior Finance Manager you will be instrumental in supporting the growth of the business from start-up to maturity. You will be a business partner to senior stakeholders, as well as ensuring the quality and accuracy of financial reporting and management.
My client is a well known multinational in the education sector, with schools across more than 75 schools in 10 countries.
The key purpose of the Head of Finance / Finance Manager is to
* Be responsible for efforts, results and success of the school's finance department.
* To lead, drive and manage the Finance function on the full spectrum of accounting, reporting and provision of insights to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the school's use of financial resources.
* Working closely with Group Finance, to implement financial processes and controls within the school
* To support the project team and school's leadership team with decision making prior to the school's launch.
* To supervise and provide support, guidance and motivation to build and grow a cohesive and effective accounting team; and develop the team members' technical and educational knowledge and experience
* To ensure timeliness, accuracy and integrity of financial reporting.
* To provide financial advice and support to help stakeholders (i.e. leadership team, teaching staff, parents etc.) make key decisions.
In return, my client can offer a competitive salary and additional benefits, depending on your level of qualification and relevant experience.
The successful candidate for this vacancy will have;
* A professional accounting qualification and a minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience.
* Experience of working in similar roles within education organisation in the UAE or elsewhere in the GCC.
* A proven ability to build & lead a successful finance department, including recruiting and training your team, and writing and implementing policies and procedures.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* A willingness to roll up their sleeves and work hands on within the finance function, including a mindset that no job is too big or too small for you to be willing to take it on.
* Experience in the Big 4 would be desirable, but is not essential.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.