Job description / Role
THIS IS WHAT FUTURE FOCUS FEELS LIKE
STRATEGY AND DEVELOPMENT
Head of Fitout
The strategy group maps out where we're going, what that means, and what it looks like. Our Research team analyses the industry so that we're never playing catch-up. Design translates strategies into award winning products and experiences. In Program Management, it's more about the delivery of our strategies into realized benefits. And our Corporate Planning team creates strategy so that we're agile enough to respond in a fast-evolving industry.
- To lead the successful design and delivery of Fitout projects at DXB thereby supporting the Business's requirements for tactically delivered solutions. As business needs evolve, develop an integrated Fitout capability at DWC.
- Manage the No Objection Certification process for third party entities wishing perform construction activities on the DXB estate along with the associated technical due diligence required during design assessment and construction surveillance
- Engagement of all relevant stakeholders during the design and delivery process to ensure that operational and capacity constraints are observed, full compliance to Regulatory requirement and process are achieved, with the final deliverable aligned with the endorsed End User brief.
- Management of internal and external resources to ensure delivery within safety, quality, schedule and budgets targets that will allow Dubai Airports to achieve its developmental and strategic goals.
Qualifications and Education
- The job holder should have degree qualified in a discipline related to Architecture, Engineering, Building Surveying, Construction or Project Management.
- Post graduate or professional qualification preferably in associated design / development management field.
- A minimum of 10 years in depth experience of the planning, design, procurement and construction of commercial Fitout projects within complex, live, customer focused operations.
- Experience in design, specification and construction of retail, commercial and infrastructure fitout projects.
- Experienced in British Standard, NFPA standards and related best practices, including their application to ensure
- Compliant developments
- Terminal Operations terminology and regulations
- Construction activities and their potential impact on the terminal building operational and passenger service
- Environment including but not limited to terminal operations, customer service, Levels of Service, security, passenger processing and how to mitigate such impacts
- Construction Health and Safety within a live airport operating environment
- Project scheduling and phasing
- Project risk management tools including HAZOPS and safety cases
- Standard project management methodologies such as PMI or PRINCE 2
- Financial knowledge including concepts and applications
- Business and commercial / contractual acumen, including ideally FIDIC forms of contract
- Knowledge of reporting of significant capital investment programmes
- Application and continuous improvement of quality assurance / quality control processes and procedures
- Knowledge of change management concepts and trends
- Understanding of the aviation industry
- Understanding of issues related to working in a regulated industry
- Understanding of the complexity and challenges of driving/building a project delivery culture
- Communication and interpersonal skills leading to a consultative approach within a corporate / multi functional,
- Multicultural environment
About the Company
THIS IS WHERE THE FUTURE STARTS
We're going to become the best airports in the world. How? Because we deliver exceptional customer experiences through innovative and agile service propositions. We make a significant impact on our industry and the rest of the world. And we're central to Dubai's future as a global hub.
Our business is built on the brilliant ideas and unwavering dedication of our people. Together, we're shaping Dubai and truly connecting the world. For you, it means the chance to grow, challenge and innovate in a fast-paced, diverse, international environment. You'll break boundaries and deliver exceptional every day. You'll think big and act boldly. Most important, you'll create amazing airport experiences for millions of people, and reinvent them for millions more.