Job description / Role
The Head of Global Logistics is responsible and accountable for the management and delivery of logistics, and supply chain of this global organisation's International Operations. Your primary purpose and function are to lead the logistics organization on both strategic and tactical levels developing a well understood and aligned roadmap for the logistics strategy. You are responsible for ensuring the logistics team, regional and all associated resources successfully manage the timely, efficient, and cost-effective movement of products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Development and Implementation of Logistics Procedures
• Update,maintain,disseminate,andcontroltheeffectiveimplementationofQnet Global logistics, warehousing procedures.
• Work with Regional and Country Operations and Finance departments to design and plan fit-for-purpose logistics staffing structures.
• Participate in the deployment of the Supply Chain Management System across Global programs.
• Coordinate the compilation and submission of global and country specific logistics activity reports.
• Coordination and Leadership
• Demonstrate ongoing commitment to fraud detection, risk reduction, and fraud reporting, ensuring compliance with Qnet policies and procedures, customs regulations and local laws.
• Evaluate 3P logistics options and ensure that 3P Logistics service provider eligibility screening is carried out per required procedures.
• Ensure that risks associated with logistics are evaluated regularly and plans are developed to mitigate any identified.
• Coordinate with the Operations team to support the dissemination of logistics and procurement practices with benefit to project implementation.
• Make frequent site visits to where supervised staff are working, ensuring that appropriate supervision and support is offered.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree and 20 plus years of relevant work experience or Master’s degree (e.g. Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, etc.) plus 15 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience required;
• Proven record as successful Senior Country Logistics Head. Sound knowledge in logistics procedures, Customs clearances, and 3PL management.
• Commitment and demonstrated skills to build national staff capacity in the areas of logistics management, supervision and monitoring;
• Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills;
• Strong interpersonal, management and leadership skills;
• Ability to integrate and work well within multi-ethnic and multicultural teams;
• Strong negotiation skills;
• Willingness and ability to travel extensively.
About the Company
Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect. to: Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect.
Supply Chain Manager
Middle East Executive
Supply Chain & Logistics Manager
Middle East Executive
Head of Contract Logistics - Logistics Giant
|Saudi Arabia||9 Oct|
TGC Middle East
TGC Middle East