Head of Inclusion
Job description / Role
About the Role
We are looking for an inspirational Head of Inclusion to join our Wesgreen International School to lead in the promotion, direction and oversight of high standards of teaching and learning, student achievement and progression through effective inclusion for students with special educational needs Gifted and Talented students and students receiving counselling support. Ensuring inclusive practice is developed and incorporated through all aspects of the school and adhering to the SPEA and UAE law and requirements of Inclusive Education.
The Head of Inclusion will ensure that learning support is both efficiently and effectively managed. The range of responsibilities delegated to the Head of Inclusion with regard to provision and coordination is outlined below. It is expected that all legal and statutory requirements are met for students with learning support needs.
Key duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage the Inclusion Department
- Implementing an Inclusion ethos on a whole school level with support from SLT
- Manage the professional development of staff in pedagogical best practice, in conjunction with the SLT.
- Work with the Safeguarding Officer
- Manage the identification and intervention support of additional learning needs including, but not limited to;
- Gifted and Talented
- Learning Support
- External therapy support
- Physical challenges
- Support the fulfillment of the school development plan as referenced in SPEA academic plan application and take responsibility for those tasks allocated in that plan.
- Manage the intervention team of Inclusion Specialist Teachers, school and student counsellors, Learning Support Assistants, External therapy Centre's and Small Steps ASD unit.
- Support the development of Inclusive values in compliance with the UAE 2020 Vision
- To ensure progress against individual educational targets
- A relevant Master's Degree or equivalent qualification specializing in Special Education with a certified teaching qualification such as PGCE or equivalent.
- A SEND/leadership qualification, ideally this would include SENCO
- Specialization in Primary School is preferred.
- Proven demonstrable experience teaching/supporting varying student education needs with diverse backgrounds.
- History of successful partnering with Admin (SLT) and other relevant stake holders
- Resilient and agile decision-making skills to ensure successful design and implementation of programs that meet school and student body requirements to help students achieve success in all aspects of their life
- Superior interpersonal skills that reflect patience, tolerance, sensitivity, empathy, and enthusiasm for working with students, parents and school staff in a multicultural and international setting
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career.
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax-free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, free schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of Service Gratuity.
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.