Job description / Role
About the Role
We are looking for a Head of Inclusion to assist in the promotion, direction and oversight of high standards of teaching and learning, student achievement and progression through effective inclusion for students with special educational needs Gifted and Talented students and students receiving counselling support. Ensuring inclusive practice is developed and incorporated through all aspects of the school and adhering to ADEK and UAE law and requirements of Inclusive Education.
The key task of the Head of Inclusion is to ensure that learning support is both efficiently and effectively managed. The range of responsibilities delegated to the Head of Inclusion with regard to provision and coordination is outlined below. It is expected that all legal and statutory requirements are met for students with learning support needs.
Key duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage the Inclusion Department
- Implementing an Inclusion ethos on a whole school level with support from SLT
- Manage the professional development of staff in pedagogical best practice, in conjunction with the SLT
- Work with the Safeguarding Officer
- A certified professional teaching qualification at degree level, such as Bachelors (QFE 7) and Postgraduate Diploma in a related subject.
- 5 years of experience as an Inclusion Teacher or any other inclusion-related senior leader in a schools.
- All certificates should be duly attested.
- Should provide experience letter for the same.
GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country and current country of residence prior to appointment.
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.