Job description / Role
The Head of Information Services will work with the COO and other service heads to develop strategies and plans for the delivery of integrated information services that meet business needs. Focus is to lead teams of staff responsible for delivering a range of excellent and integrated library, learning and teaching, research support and IT and AV services.
• High growth education business looking to improve global IT and IS capabilities
• Play a significant role as a key member of the Global Information Services Leadership Team, supporting the director and working together with colleagues globally to identify, deliver and embed Strategy 2025 and supporting Information Services action plans.
• Identify, interpret and translate strategies to IS strategies and operational planning.
• Play a role in defining strategy as a member of the Leadership Forum
• Maintain and develop the IS to ensure they contribute to the achievement of university strategic objectives.
• Liaison with other IS division heads to ensure good professional practice across the range of IS activities.
• Highly competitive salary and package on offer for the right candidate
• University Degree or equivalent practical experience in the workplace
• Library and/or computing experience equivalent to at least five years of professional practice
• Experience of managing and delivering an academic and teaching support service or technical support service or equivalent at HE level
• Relevant professional association membership/ certification
• Working knowledge of health and safety in the workplace
• Experience in staff management and development
• Professional knowledge and awareness of current management issues affecting HE libraries/IT services
• Strong numeracy and sound knowledge of budget management, financial principles and procedures
• Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
IT Project Manager
Systems Middle East (SME)
Technology Project Manager / Product Manager / BA
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Bin Eid Executive Search and Selection