Job description / Role
Department: Internal Audit Department
Position: Head of Internal Audit
Direct reports : Chairman or Audit Committee
To manage the Internal Audit function for the Company and its subsidiary companies. To ensure that the Internal Audit Function provides an independent assessment of the adequacy of the internal systems and controls, including the systems for appropriate identification and evaluation of risk and for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. To draw any weaknesses or shortcomings noted to the attention of management.
Key Performance Areas
• Deliver a portfolio of audits across the Company achieving timely, high quality products
• Create the Internal Audit Dept. and hiring/managing the audit team to deliver high performance through
Key Performance Indicators
• Allocating work across the team or third parties
• Supervising staff
• Reviewing RACM, working papers and supporting documents
• Ensuring issues are discussed and agreed with management
• Ensuring draft and final reports are fair balanced, business focused and that recommendations are practical
• Setting clear objectives and appraising performance fairly
• Motivating each team member individually
• Providing regular feedback and advice
• Ensuring all team members have a career plan
• Promote the value of internal audit across the business through education of management and ensuring all meetings are business focused and practical.
• Ownership & Accountability
• Costumer focus
• Training, Education & Development
• Fairness & Respect
• Diligence in completing the expected amount of work
• Reliability on carrying out instructions and completing tasks within allocated time periods.
• Complying with quality expectations.
• Demonstrating judgement and ingenuity, in the absence of firm guidelines/rules.
• The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Delivering work which is accurate and with sound attention to detail.
• Provides high standard of service to internal and external customers (personnel, quality, productivity, timing, feedback, etc.)
• Understanding of job requirements and mastery of skills and techniques to meet them.
• Demonstrate willingness to learn new processes; and takes the lead in own development.
• Maintains dignified, honest and harmonious relationships with all colleagues, managers and internal clients.
• Able to cooperate and act in the best interest of the Company, despite differences with other individuals or departments.
• Ability to convey information simply and effectively.
• Ability to keep information confidential where necessary.
• Ability to generate own correspondence and keep records thereof.
• Demonstrates high motivation levels and loyalty.
• Ability to perform tasks independently and without unnecessary assistance.
• Willingness to co-operate and work constructively with department heads.
• Ability to maintain acceptable and punctual attendance and work time behavior
• Managing Director
• Heads of Department
• External Auditors
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Competencies
• BA in Accounting/Business Administration
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Years of Experience
• Minimum 5 years in Internal Audit and 8 years total work experience
• Managing a team of at least 3 auditors
Skills & Competencies
• Proficient knowledge of specific IT packages e.g. MS Office
• Thorough understanding of the principles and application of effective corporate governance structures, business/operational risks, controls, procedures and accounting standards
• Experience in leading a team of senior auditors
• Strong influencing and negotiating skills
• Attention to detail
• Works well under pressure
• Highly developed investigative skills
• Good time management
• Strong analytical skills
About the Company
Zakher Marine International provides services to the Offshore Oil and Gas Industries and Offshore Marine Construction Companies and is clearly focused on client satisfaction and retention.
The Company was established in Abu Dhabi in 1984 where the Head Office remains, a branch office was established in Alexandria, Egypt in 2000.
In the past ten years the ZMI has achieved remarkable growth, built new vessel’s to meet the high standards and requirements of local and international clients. ZMI currently operate over 50 offshore support vessels.
The Management of Zakher Marine is committed to provide safe and healthy working conditions for our employees and client personnel based on board our vessels. Our aim is to sustain safe, environmentally friendly operating practices that comply with applicable national and international codes and regulations, relevant standards, guidelines and client requirements.