Job description / Role
The head of development is responsible for leading a team of developers that designs and develops financial brokerage and market making solutions, to support revenue growth. This is a hands-on position for the full development cycle, from requirements collection to final deployment, and includes ongoing user support.
You will work side by side with our Businesses, from Trading to Sales, and with all IT departments to implement full stack solutions, sophisticated strategies, and leverage/introduce cutting edge technology.
You will work to extend the functionality and performance of our sophisticated trading and market operation systems that manages significant amounts of the firm's capital.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Driving the company strategy for the development department and product evolution.
• Take ownership of the in-house business critical services and applications.
• Maintain the development quality standards and involve in the regular quality assurance operations.
• Participate in development details and validate proper coding quality and performance standards.
• Provide proper third line support resource coverage for the production critical services, and enhance the development team ability to solve issues in time.
• Maintain stable development team skill set and provide resource training and reallocation when needed.
• Maintain a solid development environment and leverage modern tools and processes (DevOps).
• Conduct code review and analysis, and suggest improvements where needed.
• Maintain software technical documentation standards as needed.
• Regular engagement with the Business teams for requirements gathering and analysis.
• Work with our Information Security department to ensure client and company data safety and confidentiality.
• Keeping up to date with latest industry innovations and ideas.
• Actively follow and promote all safety and security policies and ensure that fellow employees and visitors are doing the same so as to ensure a safe and secure workplace for all.
• Other job duties, as directed.
Education and Experience:
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience within financial Information Technology.
• Recent hands on experience of front-office development – ideally within an FX environment, or on regulated exchanges
• Experience in multithreaded, low latency and distributed systems development, with excellent understanding of latency and throughput.
• Experience in major RDBMS and SQL development.
• Experience in regulatory reporting and market compliance a plus.
• Experience in Cloud computing and Enterprise Unified Data Platform a plus.
• Experience of NoSQL DBMS, Big Data, Business Intelligence, AI/Machine Learning would be a definite asset.
About the Company
Abu Dhabi-based ADS Securities provides sophisticated forex, bullion and commodities trading solutions to institutional and professional investors.
Current clients include global and regional hedge funds, central banks, asset managers, market-using banks, other non-bank financial institutions and qualified trading professionals.
ADS Securities is the fastest growing Middle East based trading platform which brings together excellence in technology, world class liquidity and international standards of service to provide traders with exceptional spreads and prices.
Located in a stable and resilient marketplace, with a high level of capitalisation, ADS Securities is developing a new and dynamic forex market. Leveraging its relationships with tier 1 primary brokers and liquidity provides and by bringing in regional liquidity, ADS Securities is extending the trading hours of the major markets – bridging liquidity flows from the far-east to Europe, maintaining spreads and prices for 24/7 investors.