Head of IT Service Delivery and Operations (UAE National)
Job description / Role
Head of IT Service Delivery and Operations (UAE National) for Government Entity
Our client (Confidential)
Our client is a government entity in Abu Dhabi and an institutional investor. They are looking to hire a UAE National for the role of Head of Service Delivery and Operations in the IT Function.
About the role
The key purpose of this role is to lead and drive the development and maintenance of IT service delivery, infrastructure and operations by continually striving to improve the upkeep and deployment of IT hardware and software by providing the direction required for successfully meeting the business needs and objectives within requisite timelines, budget and as per desired quality standard. This role lies in the Service Delivery and Operations division of the IT function and reports to the Director of IT.
- Establish sourcing strategy for IT support and delivery by understanding business needs and requirements.
- Define delivery processes, procedures, tools standards and IT support services and drive implementation of the same.
- Assume principal accountability and responsibility to develop, acquire, enhance and maintain information systems, manage operations of IT systems, support and train users.
- Develop technology strategies for database administration, infrastructure and service delivery and align development action plans with organizational strategies.
- Align with the IT governance processes and see that they are adequate and efficient to meet the ongoing operations and long-term strategy, and measured against industry standards such as Frameworks, TOM, ISO, ITIL and CoBIT.
- Improve organizational efficiency and productivity through use of systems best practices.
- Enhance the decision-making process using IT business solutions and proactive operational/KPI reporting.
- Manage the various aspects of projects within the department including deliverables, budget, risks and quality.
- Manage the relationship with vendors and system integrators including management of new contracts, review and renewal of existing support and maintenance agreements, set up and maintain SLA’s, review and approve proposals.
- Act as a focal point of escalation for all issues related to IT infrastructure deployment and operations within the department responsibilities; including issues with vendors.
- Monitor adherence to procedures and controls at each sub-functional process, such that all relevant procedural / legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost effective service to internal customers
- Ensure internal IT related needs and concerns are adequately handled by the Service Delivery Team
- Monitor information provided to address employee queries related to functional area
- Ensure that information required by internal and external auditors is provided within stipulated timelines.
- Monitor coordination and resolution of all audit related issues
- Minimum bachelor’s in Computer Engineering/ IT / Computer Science or related domains.
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering/ IT /Computer Science or related domains/ Business Administration is desirable but not essential.
- 8-10 years experience in IT
- 3-5 years of experience as first line manager of a team that deliver IT service delivery or IT operations
- Membership of a relevant and internationally recognized, professional body is preferred
- IT related certifications.
About the Company
ADIV Human Resources Consultancy L.L.C.” is an Abu Dhabi based on-shore company and we operate with high standards and provide value-added services. We understand the volatility of the market and the change in the needs of its clients. Keeping this in mind, we hire only the best of Consultants whose exposure to the market and the region is of the highest standards. “ADIV Human Resources Consultancy L.L.C.” will make the talented people fit into the right place so that they can enhance their skills. We uphold this responsibility to fulfill our commitment as ‘Let’s make the solutions possible for all diversity of people’
Head of Technology - Perm and Contract
IT Applications Manager
IT Helpdesk Engineer
ADIV Human Resources Consultancy
|Abu Dhabi||28 Jan|
IT Infrastructure Engineer
IT Admin Officer
RTC-1 Employment Services