Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
The goal of Chalhoub Logistics is to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible.
To meet this goal, Company is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class delivery experience through the introduction of pioneering new products and services in the last mile delivery space.
What you will be doing
• We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join as Head of Last mile delivery for our Company Last Mile team.
• This person will be responsible for leading his/her team for setting strategy to drive improvements, creating partnerships with the internal support teams, analyzing delivery metrics, and managing and enhancing Delivery Captain experience.
• You will work with business teams of all sizes and must have the leadership presence and communication skills to represent the Last Mile team at all levels. This person will be working closely with the Supply Chain Team to plan the resources according to the marketing campaigns which will include activity peaks, with the Fulfilment Team to ensure all orders are securely collected and dispatched on time.
• The role will also include a large part of planning the resources for an operation that is running on 24/7. This planning will always be adapted to have the best appropriate capacity as per the nature of the business.
• You will be someone who can view challenges through financial, operational and visionary perspectives to enable sustained growth across all areas of the business.
What you'll need to succeed
• Develop strategies and implement plans to improve and standardize all aspects of Last Mile operations
• Contribute towards the achievement of the function’s digital strategic and operational objectives.
• Ensure operational processes stay within agreed upon budgets and timelines
• Direct and oversees the last mile order fulfilment process to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction
• Architecting all the system developments and technology required for all the systems involved in returns and customer refund, Market place operations, Warehouse consolidation / Partial delivery
• Identify and develop strategies for the Delivery Captain experience, relentlessly advocating for Captains and striving to simplify and improve their delivery experience
• Dive into complex processes and systems to discover issues and opportunities
• Oversee the performance of service providers including level of service, capacity, systems, and contract compliance
• Perform last mile delivery and network optimization studies
• Works closely with clients and transport partners to ensure proper delivery from origin to destination.
• Organize monthly meeting with key stakeholders (transport partners, customs, customers, insurance companies, product compliance team or other stake holders)
• Guide and motivate team to enhance performance and produce quality work, and ensure that they are continuously developed for higher-level roles through mentoring & training.
• Ability to develop and share best practices across the team and network.
• Maintain QHSE practices in the working environment in order to minimize the opportunity of damage property and injury to self and colleagues.
• Develop and maintain KPI to assess departmental and individual performance as a monthly cycle wherein improvements are identified and implemented.
• To utilize the Company’s reward structures and employee recognition schemes to encourage and recognize outstanding performance
• Masters Degree
• Advanced/Expert level Excel skills - VBA and advanced financial modeling, Knowledge of Transportation Management Technology Systems (Oracle TMS, JDA, SAP, etc.)
• 10+ years of experience in Supply Chain or E commerce organizations
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to define and successfully deliver complex projects with superior ROI
• Ability to influence multiple stakeholders and lead cross-functional projects across category or other departments
• Liaise with leadership team to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
• Preparing and presenting reports for GM of logistics, President and CEO
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.