Job description / Role
• To lead and manage all legal functions of the Company, whilst ensuring a competitive advantage within the global marketplace.
Key Responsibilities & Duties (Functional Role)
• Responsible to ensure a high-performance legal department, by identifying and implementing efficient operational and strategic initiatives.
• Serve as a key advisor to the Executive Management on issues of corporate governance, risk management, development plans, policies and procedures, internal and external communications and special projects, suggesting alternatives, where necessary.
• Manage corporate legal affairs related to Company's structure, management, authority instruments such as powers of attorney, delegation of authorities, commercial licenses, company secretary role and commercial law compliance.
• Draft and submit corporate documents to the competent authorities (resolutions of the board, resolutions of the general meeting of shareholders, amendments to the constitutive documents, etc.).
• Review and update standard contracts, templates and legal documents related to the business based on legislative amendments, commercial and strategic considerations, to ensure company's activities are in full compliance with all statutory laws and all legal requirements are adhered to.
• Evaluate and negotiate the terms of any contracts and agreements (commercial, services, sale-purchase, lease contracts, MOUs, joint ventures, consultancy, non-disclosure agreements, company charters and ownership, capital restructuring agreements, employment, etc.), including assistance for the extension, amendment or termination.
• Collaborate with all line departments to determine and mitigate risk exposure, adopting the necessary corrective courses and enhancing internal procedures to be in full compliance with the applicable laws and statutory requirements.
• Lead and manage all ongoing and outstanding litigations and collaborate with competent legal consultants where applicable.
• Represent the Company in courts and before judicial and administrative governmental agencies, interpreting laws, rulings, and regulations for the Executive Management.
• Represent the Company in formal meetings with clients, business partners and other relevant people, as required.
• Present periodic reports on all relevant legal activities, covering all legal risks, litigations, etc. to the Executive Management.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline.
• A minimum of 10+ years' experience in handling core legal functions for Corporates, with at least 5+ years of senior management experience.
• Real estate experience preferred.
• Excellent communication skills in both Arabic and English
• 35 - 45K AED
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.