Job description / Role
The Head of Legal & Company Secretary oversees the legal department, lead in-house attorneys / engage external consultants, provides direction on major legal and regulatory issues and acts as the company secretary.
The incumbent reporting to the Chief Business Services Officer would also be responsible for advising the executive management / relevant committees on governance legislation and procedural matters and ensure that the company complies with its statutory obligations under relevant laws and regulations.
* Responsible for providing guidance on corporate governance, leads efforts in negotiating and drafting contracts, risk management, and the development of plans and policies.
* Develop and lead corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the company's matters.
* Oversee delivery of legal services and resources to accomplish corporate goals, strategies, and priorities.
* Oversee drafting and negotiating software licensing and maintenance agreements (both from licensee and licensor perspectives)
* Review and negotiate intellectual property provisions in joint venture and commercial contracts, including software licensing and maintenance arrangements, ensuring robust protection for the organization's intellectual property.
* Provides management direction to ensure non-infringement of third-party intellectual property, compliance with contractual terms.
* Ensure that the business is optimally structured and duly licensed in the relevant jurisdictions, including obtaining tax advice where relevant.
* Responsible for litigation, legal notices, keeping records of all licenses & compliances and all litigation matters.
* Advise the executive management and relevant committees on governance legislation and procedural matters.
* Ensure that the company complies with its statutory obligations under relevant laws and regulations.
* Assist the CEO and the Executive Management in the conduct of corporate meetings and their directorial and governance obligations and responsibilities.
* Provide specialist advice and guidance to Executive Management team on all matters of governance, legality, risk, compliance, and business conduct and will manage and reconcile conflicting views in relation to governance issues.
* Formulate Terms of Reference for all Board and Executive Management Committees and ensure that Committees are properly constituted and operate in accordance with their Terms of Reference.
* Prepare agendas and papers for board meetings, committees and annual general meetings and follow up on action points.
* Deal with correspondence, collate information and write reports, communicate decisions to relevant company stakeholders.
* Must have graduation or post-graduation in Law with minimum experience of 12 years with a law firm of repute.
* Strong legal experience in corporate, commercial matters & corporate governance.
* Litigation skills to handle administrative procedures within public authorities.
* Solution-oriented: ability to look outside the box and problem solver.
Salary & Benefits
* 55 - 65K Per Month.
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.