Job description / Role
As the Head of Legal, you will be responsible for the legal affairs of the entire organisation, along with providing strategic guidance to the founder on matters relating to the growth of the business and its capital.
A tech start-up with a novel business model to redefine the Middle East's transport and mobility sector.
* Provide legal counsel to the founder, the board of directors and other senior management.
* Manage all core legal functions, from corporate governance, contracts, compliance and regulatory risk management.
* Build, mentor and lead own team, and manage relationship with external law firm, to ensure best results.
* Proactive management of, and advocacy for, the regulatory environment and the potential impact on the company's strategic plans.
* Assist the founder with the fund-raising process, attending events, representing the company and negotiating investment plans and contracts.
* Influence and mould strategy and general management policy as a member of the executive management team.
* Competitive, tax-free salary and ESOP (over time)
* Opportunity to contribute directly to the growth of a high-performing start-up
* Progressive, exciting environment
* 10+ years of experience in an in-house or external legal function.
* Strong experience in a strategic and senior role, supporting business functions across multiple jurisdictions.
* Excellent communication, leadership and organisational skills.
* Strong understanding of, and experience with, corporate law, procedures and regulations in the UAE and Middle Eastern jurisdictions.
* Experience in a technology, mobility/transport or start-up environment.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Inhouse Legal Counsel / Corporate Lawyer
Legal Advisor & Board Secretary
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
Head of Legal
J&T Express Middle East
Legal Counsel - Construction