Job description / Role
As the Head of Legal, you will be responsible for the legal affairs of the entire organisation, along with providing strategic guidance to management on matters relating to the overall legal security and compliance of the organisation.
UAE division of a globally recognised news and media giant.
* Manage all core legal functions, from corporate governance, contracts, compliance and regulatory risk management.
* Draft various types of commercial contracts related to media.
* Proactive management of, and advocacy for, the regulatory environment and the potential impact on the company's strategic plans.
* Influence and mould strategy and general management policy as a member of the executive management team.
* Play central role in the growth of the legal department in future.
* Competitive, tax-free salary.
* Opportunity to contribute directly to the growth and development of the UAE division of one of the world's leading News ad media outlets.
* Progressive, exciting environment.
* 8+ years of experience in an in-house or external legal function.
* Strong experience in a strategic and senior role, supporting business functions across multiple jurisdictions.
* Excellent communication, leadership and organisational skills.
* Strong understanding of, and experience with media contracts, procedures and regulations in the UAE and Middle Eastern jurisdictions.
* Adept in technology and digital law.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.